Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

About Chuck
  • Rank
Profile Information
  • Gender
  • Location:
Recent Profile Visitors
3,534 profile views
  1. Looking good! You laser cut the window glazing?
  2. That is big and way nice! Can't hardly wait to see it all finished up!!
  3. USA/ Ro once again changed the FEF shipping...now only shows as on back order.
  4. Chuck

    MTH Closing In 2021

    From like 1997 to 2003 I was heavily invested into MTH & Lionel O Gauge and that layout was roughly 20' x 24' multiple tiered with trains running everywhere...it was great! But then this ad where MTH announced the RailKing One-Gauge lineup started running back in 2000 or 2001 in the O Gauge Railroading magazine and maybe the Classic Toy Trains. I was hooked! Figured why am I pay $1,400.00 for a MTH O Gauge Premier Challenger when can buy the same for less that's twice the size??!! Original MSRP was $999.95 and street price was $849.95. Well it took several years for those Challengers to be made and Mike felt so bad about about it so they tossed in a free DCS remote with each Challenger purchased. This ad blew me away!!
  5. Chuck

    MTH Closing In 2021

    The building sold last April... https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2020/04/20/columbia-gateway-warehouse-sells-for-14-5.html
  6. Bob, I understand about searching for paint! I spent quite some time and $$$ looking for of all things Amtrak Heritage Blue. And not Alkyd based as like you state, takes days for it to dry which rules out most Rustoleum crap. I like synthetic enamels or lacquers as those set up about instantly. Only "real" Amtrak Heritage blue I found was made by Rapido and price was like $23.00 for 3 ounces before shipping...and it's water based acrylic. I finally found the color but by then I lost interest in that project, sold it off and have since moved on.
  7. Chuck

    MTH Closing In 2021

    Me neither and is a shock! I started buying MTH O Gauge back in the late 90's...say around 1997 with the then cool ProtoSounds by QSI
  8. Chuck

    MTH Closing In 2021

    June 8, 2020 First, on behalf of M.T.H. Electric Trains, I want to thank you for the support and encouragement you have shown my company over our 40-year journey. From humble beginnings and a lot of hard work, we were able to build one of the world's largest model train manufacturers - one unquestionably buoyed by your unwavering support. In particular, I am proud that M.T.H. has released more models than any train manufacturer in the history of our hobby. The variety, quality, and infusion of technology throughout our offerings allowed M.T.H. Electric Trains to help bring enjoyment to all who share our wonderful hobby. It is, therefore, with mixed emotions that I tell you I have decided to retire in 2021 and close the business. The last two M.T.H. catalogs, our 2020 Volume 2 O Gauge catalog, and our 2020 HO catalog and all non-delivered items from our 2020 Volume 1 O Gauge catalog, 2020 Ready-to-Run Train Set catalog, 2019-2020 S Gauge catalog, and 2019-2020 G Gauge catalog will feature the last products produced by M.T.H. Electric Trains. The new items featured in all these catalogs will be available beginning Summer 2020 through April 2021 and will carry our limited one-year warranty supported by our Authorized Service Center network and the M.T.H. Service Department. Upon our closing in May 2021, our ASC network will provide warranty coverage through April 2022. A list of M.T.H. Authorized Service Centers is available on the M.T.H. website and will be updated as M.T.H. Authorized Retailers join the program over the coming months. M.T.H. Electric Trains would not have enjoyed success without the support of the M.T.H. Authorized Retailer network. While traditional retail has changed significantly over the past decade, the independent hobby shop has been and continues to be the most important cog in our distribution chain. I truly appreciate the support and friendship these shops have shown M.T.H. I wish all of them good luck and prosperity in the years to come. Finally, I want to thank all of my employees for their hard work over the years. Most of them have been with me for decades and their loyalty and talents were paramount to our success. With thousands of tools and molds and a wealth of intellectual property, a new model railroading company may arise from my former company as I entertain various options and buyers. One scenario is a new company organized and owned by members of my current staff. Their decades of experience, work ethic, and creative talent will ensure success regardless of who owns the assets while providing a welcome bridge between the past 40 years and the future. The remainder of my time will be busy as we clear out inventory and other miscellaneous items accumulated over the past 40 years. As that process evolves, we’ll be offering consumer and retailer purchase opportunities Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your loyal support for all these years.
  9. Yeah F Unit motors are a tad bit small. What I've been thinking is the MTH GS4 uses a bigger motor and it's basically the same thing...that is pulling 4 drive axles.
  10. Well the 20120 NGRC has been canceled and still no AML GP60's on the horizon. I did notice that a few weeks ago RLD showed them as arriving late 2020 but now shows "soon"... After doing a little search found these were first announced in 2008...12 years ago! And original pre-order price was $230.00 each...now show a price of $659.00 each.
  11. Yes Bob that T-1 looks & sounds great! I agree with you...or as Tim Taylor would say it needs more power!
  12. They do look good behind the Challenger! Yeah Big Boys never pulled passenger trains as were regulated to 50 mph...Challengers were good for 70 mph or more.

G Scale Train Forum.com - Copyright 2019 Powered by Invision Community

  • Create New...