When will MTH come out with some really new stuff in gauge one

du-bousquetaire

It has been a long time since MTH has bought out any really new stuff in gauge one it would be nice if they started to produce some new engines and cars again. I don't consider the 2013 or the 2015 catalogue as any new stuff it's just "play it safe" redecoration of older items or reruns. Its about time MTH did some new investment in this very nice line of rolling stock to develop the desire for people to get involved. Also doing engines that are representative of what actually ran on railroads instead of the five footeds sheep like the Triplex would be  most useful. I don't think that they should base ther strategy on what works in the tinplate Lionel sector of the hobby but more on the scale model railroader and live steam markets. When I think of all the potential sales they lost, among the live steam comunity, because their passenger cars were not scale length it  leaves me bewildered. But in any case some real news would be most encouraging to us gauge one adepts.

I still hope for premier level G scale cars too. Metal trucks with spinning caps would be a nice touch. But what do I know?

Many G scale users look for cars that sell for $20. I pay almost that much (half) just for couplers. I would like roller bearings too. I would pay extra for those. Most users won't.

That seems to be about the same for USA Trains, too; a friend and I are waiting to see their next ultimate and prestige releases/re-releases, because now that I have a J1e Hudson, a few New York Central aluminum passenger cars would look mighty fine behind it; those are supposedly due to be restocked at the end of February, but we'll see. It'd be nice if they restocked on their individual intermodal cars, too.

I've looked at some MTH stuff, and it does look nice, especially their big steam locos. I wish it was 1:29 instead of 1:32, though...

• 2 months later...