New MTH 2017 G scale Catalog

enginear joe

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray, what you say about the big boy selling out before the containers reached the US is great news. It may make Mike Wolf think twice about G scale and that is good for the scale and for us. I hope the next catalog will reflect that success , by introducing some real new items, not just redecorations. Cross our fingers...

• 4 months later...

I would think they might have some new stuff. Seem to be selling out of what they bring in anyway. With USA about the only other one doing anything much I'd think a few more would drift into 1/32nd scale.  Freight especially, since they vary in size so much.

Ray

1st, thanks for sending me my first 4 Freedom cars. Sure hope the engine gets here somewhere close to its schedule shipment.:Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

I was under the impression that the RailKing One Gauge catalog has only been coming out every other year. Is that accurate?

Seems like MTH is doing a good job on shipping items from this last (2017) catalog anyway.

Larry:Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

MTH was putting out a One-Gauge catalog every year until like 2008, after then it's been every other year. But before it was a 2 year wait from a cataloged item until it shipped...now it appears they've already gave the go ahead to produce before the catalogs are published. :Surprised_Face_Emoji(24x24):

I say that because when the 2017 catalog appeared in Jan. a few weeks later some of the hoppers and tank cars started shipping...which is fine by me as no more loooong delays.

Hmm...catalog discrepancy as the new cars are cataloged as having silver trucks. The MTH catalog disclaimer reads as "Each item's graphic features and content are subject to change after publication."

5a08648197049_WhatsAppImage2017-11-08at8_23_28AM.thumb.jpeg.e0a0265c08f8dfbc28335670562a4f57.jpeg 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 7:11 AM, Chuck said:

Hmm...catalog discrepancy as the new cars are cataloged as having silver trucks. The MTH catalog disclaimer reads as "Each item's graphic features and content are subject to change after publication."

5a08648197049_WhatsAppImage2017-11-08at8_23_28AM.thumb.jpeg.e0a0265c08f8dfbc28335670562a4f57.jpeg 

Hmm. Is that an older release on the left? It looks like it also has ribbed sides. I would have expected consistency here.

They are nice looking cars though. I think they have more detail than the new Accucraft cars.

• 3 weeks later...

10 hours ago, Chuck said:

Looks like Dash-8's have been pushed back until February 2018. 

I wonder if they'll make extras? I didn't order any and there were several I want. I just don't have the cash. I need to sell off some engines again.

Either that, or reconfigure my fleet. I want to put MTH trucks under everything I own for worry free operation and to have a standard. Because of the limited modern diesels MTH offers, that may mean stripping several models and scratch building new shells.

I have been staring at a set of PAs that might get gutted if they'll work under my SD70 shells? I just prefer modern diesels. I may do the same with at least a set of F units and make them modern switchers.

Then comes the matter of chopping the 1/29 down to 1/32 or leave as is?? It seems like so much work for little gain. I'm growing tired of spending so much effort on engines that don't hold up outside on my RR.

What ever happened to Mike's discussing a modern ES44 with charging lights???????????

I wish they would at least step up with a -9 model. Usually they are motivated by the competition so even maybe a GP60 at least???:Smiling_Face_Emoji_large(150x150)::Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(150x150):

do the latest MTH passenger cars come equipped with LEDs yet??

Chuck, Joe

I only ordered the Veterans and 1st responder Dash 8's and  it appears it still shows on MTH DEC.

So I'm crossing my fingers they will be the first ones crossing the blue water .

Hopefully with the American Freedom Engine. lol.:Wink_Emoji_large(24x24):

Yea that is pushing my luck.:Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):it currently don't look to good.:Confused_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):

Larry

PS Joe in reference to LED lights the only information on the details is :

Operating Overhead Interior Lighting

Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to open up the 5 new American Freedom Cars and see?????

My GS-4's are still listed as shipping in Oct and Nov 2017, but another one of the GS-4's is now showing Feb 2018 also. Who knows when they will actually show up. But if they aren't on the ship within a month or so, they'll be waiting until after the Chinese New Year. It would be nice to have them by spring.

I just waited for Ray to tell me when the Big Boy finally arrived. I used to watch and now I don't. What good is an estimate of arrival that ends up 4 years off? Just order and be glad it doesn't get cancelled. With all the deliveries in HO scale and probably into S scale next, we are the G step children of the second, of four marriages. O, G, HO, and S. Did I get that right?

Way I look at it is a 2 month push means they're getting close. Those 3 month changes means they're way out there.

In recent webcast with Mike W. he said something about having problems locating some components on the PS3 boards. I believe that as I know of an electrical engineer designer that made his own digital multimeter, started a kickstarter page, took orders and now waiting for some components to be made as it seems the world supply dried up in a month...he doesn't understand it as it's a new design??!! 

You know, I have many too many engines. Let me sleep on it again. I have 2 UP challengers and the grandsons favorite is the grey UP. So I make the mistake of telling him last time and he got mad that I would sell the Clinchfield. How many do I need?

I think he likes them all. I may just have to slip it out the door late at night to you!