Balancing power to trucks in PS3, help

rbrown7713

I need some help getting equal power to my trucks with the P42 using a PS3 board.  When I apply power, the one NWSL  truck starts out immediately and the other one doesn't start until the remote number gets to 5.  Is there a way to balance the power to the two trucks?  Excuse my stupidity, Bob.

What you have is a variation between the two motors (variations in quality control) or one motor block has more drag than the other somehow in the drivetrain mechanically.  I assume that you have the engine on its side testing.  They will load balance out once put on the track and as long as the motors aren't too out of spec from each other it should be ok but sometimes it may not be within acceptable tolerances.   If you feel action is necessary try test running the engine a while to see if it improves, otherwise you have to look at either replacing the slow motor with another or resolving what is causing the excess drag on the slow motorblock. 

You are right.  I haven't yet got the loco. on the tracks yet, so probably it will perform better once I get a load on them. I did take the trucks apart and lubricate them and the performance was better, but not perfect.  I might be dreaming, but it would be nice to see a system where the tach that is now installed to control power to both trucks and have another tach readout with just rpm for the other truck and then be able to independently adjust power to that truck to match the rpm.  That would be ideal, but probably too much trouble.  At least with a system like that, one could assure that both trucks would be pulling the same. Bob.