traveling G scale train set up?

Wood1000

Oh sure it's possible. The real question is, how elaborate do you want it to be? If it's a simple track-and-train layout that needs only enough square footage to accommodate it, that's no problem; you just need to figure out the best way to transport your desired track amount and rolling stock from source to location. If you want to have scenery and buildings and terrain and all sorts of other goodies... well... that's when it can get complicated. The level of detail for your setup will determine just how complicated it will be to make happen.

Edit:

My g scale layout is not permanent, and what I've found useful is buying appropriately-sized containers to hold multiple pieces of rolling stock or locomotives safely in order to enable more efficient storage and transport. If you have a Container Store nearby, measure the pieces you know you'll be moving, determine how much track you want to have, and purchase containers accordingly. It also goes a long way towards helping to get more stuff into one storage space or transport vehicle, because the original manufacturer boxes for USA Trains and Aristocraft (the only two I have experience with) are nooooooot space-friendly at all, even though they work wonderfully at protecting their contents, as long as you aren't intending to use them as fodder for catapults ;)

• 5 years later...

The g-scale club I'm in has a modular layout that we take to shows and local events.  Everything fits in two small trailers, one for the layout that we take to everything and the other has extra modules and the big yard for when we have room for the expanded layout. 

20200209_171955.jpg

20200209_181231.jpg

Simple would be some folding 6' or 8' tables and a loop of track and power .. Some put green fabric down on the tables to hide the tables..and quiet the train some...