Texaco Gas Station Build

My old wood station rotted out again. Got a plastic gas station kit from Colorado Models that I bashed. Walls had brick pattern, I glued thin plastic over it to simulate the metal sides they had back when I worked at them pumping gas for $1 a hour! I used a Colorado models window from one of their kits for the door, had a solid one to go in there, one is on the back. Wanted a car to show through the door. Pumps are from ebay and I'm getting a nice lighted Texaco sign off there also. My wife will cut Texaco lettering to put on the pieces on top of the awning. As you can see it is still a work in progress.  Will glue plastic behind to show the glass. Plan to make an office in front. I don't do a lot of detail on my buildings, they sit outside and the hard water we have soon turns glass opaque.

Tex1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's a shot of the station , still not sure on the oil can rack.  You can see it between the pumps. Might keep it back against the station to shield it some from water/sun.  Two cars inside, almost need 1/32nd cars for the inside, even though the station is 1/25.  My wife cut the lettering, found the sign on ebay, has two LED's. I got a light kit for the building/a car/ and some various LED's. They have the resistor in them and polarity does not matter on hookup.  www.modeltrainsoftware.com IMG_8195.JPG.c64d7d0cdeff979bd34b06f3142d4473.JPGIMG_8196.JPG.9748d549af973b30ff7ade45dcd40904.JPG

Had a smaller Mustang I stuck in the bay and on the side you see a 56 Ford race car.  Should look cool at night, lights inside/under the overhang and the hanging sign has two lights. Got one plug to hook a car to that I plan to put LED lights inside, got a kit for that when I got the building light kit.

Ordered 4 gas station attendant figures, one guy is laying under a car! :-)  So that should be cool. Might get a new coke machine also to sit beside it.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Got the station out with the A&W and some cars in town. Note the scene with the cop car, it has a flashing red/light on top, he's by the pickup door giving out a ticket.  Really happy with how this scene looks.

TexOut2.thumb.JPG.4f02ebd59f1ad60911f978538b585d38.JPGTexout1.thumb.JPG.460a96d66623bce9647320dc045032fb.JPG