ES44AC scratch build

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm only half way on the fuel tank after spending many hours. I could have tried to get a Dash 8 tank but the profile wasn't right.

An Aristo Dash 9's tank looked right but hard to get and still needs cutting.

Where's Mike Wolf? I need help here! He's killing me! :D

DSC_2202.JPG

DSC_2203.JPG

I just made a quick air tank up from a piece of water pipe and some wood plugs. I had to ream out the pipe to get the plugs in. That was easier than sanding the wood!

I still need to make another or a mold?

I didn't wish to rip apart a good engine for a copy....

DSC_2206.JPG

So the bad thing about walking away from a project is trying to get started again. I had a couple of chances to work on it and did not. I felt that I couldn't tackle cutting up the newly built fuel tank and building in the shelf for the air tanks. I finally said it must be done. It really was easy. Sometimes I am my own worse enemy....

( The shelf is loose, just test fit for now)

This makes me want to tackle some jobs I skipped like the rear of my MP15AC switcher. There is much left to do like the pilots and steps on this one, so I'd better conserve some energy!

DSC_2211.JPG

DSC_2212.JPG

Looking great! I know what you mean about walking away from a project then starting again as I have one of those and need to get it done...if I can remember how to re-assemble it :o  

So yesterday, I didn't get anything done. Today started off the same. 

I did get some ballast to start things off. That took some time.

Watched some of the race. Jr. lost the motor at Watkins Glen so there went my favorite.

My girl made pizza and there was extra sauce left. So I did think of a good use for it!

... oh and I did get a little more done on the fuel tank. I'm closing it in and debating where the speaker will end up?

I still have to flush the edges of the thin top cover panels.

DSC_2217.JPG

DSC_2218.JPG

I started work on the lights. I cut in the front headlight recess and added the panel. I also did the rear (tail?) lights. I will still need to cut in the sand fill panel on the rear and add plates to hold the front ditch lights.

DSC_2231.JPG

DSC_2232.JPG

DSC_2233.JPG