Wanted: PRR T1 loco. shell

rbrown7713

I have a desire to model a T1 locomotive and I need just a shell for modeling.  It can be HO, O, doesn't matter, plans would be nice too.  I plan to kitbash one in 1:32, as If I haven't got enough on my table.  I will pay a generous price.  Drawings are nice, but for me, I can visualize better in 3d.  I would appreciate any ideas or feedback, or pointing me in the right direction. Bob.

Yes Robert Brown Accucraft Makes a T1 in live steam in 1/32 scale all brass and steel construction. I think they still have some in stock it works very well and is in steam which means it is the real thing. It will negociate an 11' radius curve,   I know  because I have one and operate on these minimum radius curve. The add though says they do on 10' radius. It runs very well and I get over an hour run on one fill of meth with some water added midway on the fly. It is very powerful and need a horizontal main with above mentioned curves and pointwork. As it has slip excentric valve gear it actually is a pretty good loco  to start in live steam with. as it is quite simple to drive. It has a water pump. The only problem with it is that there is no blow down to empty the boiler at the end of a run. Quite heavy to hold upside down over the sink... Photo shows it on the 11' curve. Other photo is a meet with a friends engines.

P1040281.JPG

040.val.jpg

Hi, I haven't heard from you for a while. How are you.  Just the other day, I was looking over the posts and found your wonderful video of this loco. and immediately started drooling.  I looked on their website and they do have one for sale, just over 6,000.00, far to much for me to afford.  I am just a poor boy so if I am going to have an engine that remotely looks like your T1, I will have to build/kitbash it myself.  I was going to call them tomorrow and ask if they had some side rods to sell, but quickly realized that since I have to match the Hudson's wheel spread, their's would not fit.  I am now drawing the rods that I need and am going to make them out of 6061 T6  aluminum.  I don't think, just like Finearts models, they would have sold  parts to me anyway.  I am going to use two Hudsons and hopefully fit them together to make the T1.  I am designing this thing as I go and have already ran into some problems that I will be discussing on the T1 kitbash post.  Enjoyed watching the video again, thanks, and by the way, I am still drooling. Bob.