PRR T1 kitbash from 2 Hudsons

rbrown7713

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jerry.  I am using just spray cans off of the shelf, flat green, flat black and then some other dry brush, so that's all that I know, painting is not my thing, but I think that it will look good at 20 feet. Bob.

I've had good luck with the Preval system. Glass bottle you put the paint in(Tru-color is thinned for spray), screw on the gas cylinder on top and spray, works great. Stay back more than a regular spray can. Then spray a little laqcuer thinner thru it till the next time.  Might find it at your hardware store even.

Preval Spray System

I can connect some wires and glue together some plastic.

You are engineering a whole engine. I would be proud just to have helped in any way. I wanted this engine and have never attempted to even buy one. It is great to see it coming together smoothly.

Yep, gave me a little boost, another step of many to conquer, but I will get there soon. Thanks Jerry.  I am working on the attach points for the piston slides to make them a little more believable. Bob.

Thanks Kevin.  I can't wait either, but lots of work to do, it seems unending. Although, I am running just one motor, to prove a point, I am already preparing a design to add another motor in the event the pulling power is lacking. Bob.

Thanks Nick, I will.  I have had  some setbacks lately.  The rod slide mounts, I made incorrectly and have to do them over.  It takes time to program the cnc and then to make them, so that held me back and then the cable guy didn't clean up his mess and laid a rope next to a tree that he was raising a line and I picked it up with my lawn mower and am having to replace a blade hub, so things happen, but I am working on it everyday and when I have a meaningful happening, I will post it, thanks, Bob.

Well, I am back on the T1.  Fixed my van, the lawn mower, the mill and corrected the mistake that I made on the rod slide mounts.  I will be doing some drilling and tapping on the mounts and then install them.  I started on detailing the shell and will be doing that for some time, lots to replicate.  So, I will have some pics. and a post within a few days. Bob.

Sorry that I haven't posted in the last few days.  I am down with back pain, sciatic nerve problem.  I have had it before, but not like this.  Getting better, but not there yet, soon. Bob.

Thanks Nick, I do too. Boy, I wouldn't wish this sciatic nerve pain on anyone, but it is getting better everyday. I am setting up the pattern for the mold today, hope to layup the first part tomorrow. Bob.

Thanks Joe.  I have considered injections, but I realize it is temporary, so I am just taking Advil, it helps a little, but the good news is that the pain is lessening. I have had this before, but it hasn't lasted this long and the thing, this time, is that I don't know how I did it.  Here is the first stage of making the first half of the mold.  The front is cropped because I will be making a swing door to access the head lamp. Bob.

IMG_0958.JPG