PRR T1 kitbash from 2 Hudsons

rbrown7713

Thanks Jerry.  Do you know what color lens goes in the front of the marker lights.  Lionel put a red lens in  theirs  and the pictures that I see on the web don't tell me anything.  Are they supposed to be red for backing up? If anyone knows, please let me know. Bob.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great!

Marker/ classification lights would be off for just a regular scheduled train. White or clear would mean an extra train. Green means 2 or more sections following and red for going backwards or end of train. Like the NYC 20th Century Limited or the Pennsy's Broadway Limited would run at least 3 sections or 3 trains. Tower operators could watch and see what classification lights were lit so they'd know which section was going by.

Towards the end of the steam era they'd just use flags instead of lights as train lengths dwindled down to just a few cars...no additional sections.  

Myself I like green markers...even though not prototypical they add a little color to an otherwise drab front end.  

Thanks for the info.  that explains what the T1 front of the marker lights look like from the pictures that I see on the web as they are blanked out,  but I think I will go for red.  That's my favorite.  I can always turn them on when I back up, or not. Bob.

To follow up how I am gluing the glass to the number board, I used 5 min. epoxy and covered the entire numbers with epoxy and even filling the numbers with the epoxy.  Since it is clear, no one will know, so don't tell anyone.  It worked out well and now I will glue the painted frame on the face hoping that I don't get any glue on the numbers. Bob.

IMG_1021.JPG

I am just waiting for winds.  When Charley came through, I lost 2 trees, but no other damage.  I built this house to 160mph, so, unless the roof blows off, I am not worried.  Flooding in my area is not a problem, so I should be fine and thanks for the thoughts. I will post before and after pics. if any damage occurs.  Bob.

I was very lucky.  The storm took a turn about 30 miles early and instead of a cat 2, it was only a cat 1.  I lost three trees and one poked a 12 inch square hole in the roof of my garage, very lucky compared to some other people.  No damage to my house, didn't even lose a shingle. Bob.

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG