PRR T1 kitbash from 2 Hudsons

rbrown7713

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This diaphragm is especially difficult because it covers the entire width and will have to compress the full width of the diaphragm in a turn, so I am thinking that instead of having a frame on both sides of the material, I will only have one, so when in a turn, it slips over the tender and doesn't have to compress.   I will try that next, it might work, I don't know yet.  Here is the fireman, Pete and the engineer is Mel. Bob.

IMG_1162.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Only a couple of things that I am going to do, one is to place the PRR logo on the tender, put the 5511 on the cab, and then the big job of the long hand holds the length of the loco.  I received them a few days ago.  I don't want to do that job, but I guess I have to. Bob.

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, rbrown7713 said:

Only a couple of things that I am going to do, one is to place the PRR logo on the tender, put the 5511 on the cab, and then the big job of the long hand holds the length of the loco.  I received them a few days ago.  I don't want to do that job, but I guess I have to. Bob.

Some posters don't get why we don't hurry or go ahead and finish our projects. There are parts of the build that may not seem any more difficult to do. That maybe true.

We all have things that stop us. Usually for me it's because the project becomes less fun and too much like dreaded work.

Sometimes it's just that we either have not done this particular thing, or we feel like we aren't as good at it. Sometimes I waffle over the best way to attempt this particular part.

and finally for me, I just run out of money as building a project can be very expensive.

Do you ever feel like posting publicly creates pressure to finish a project? That pressure doesn't pay the bills!

& Sean, count the axles on that beast!!! WOW.

Yes, that one would be a challenge, but I think easier than the T1, as all of the work would be in the trucks and drivers and not the shell, but that is just my opinion.  The present challenge is the Amtrak Superliners, these are enough of a challenge for right now.  Bob.

27 minutes ago, rbrown7713 said:

Yes, that one would be a challenge, but I think easier than the T1, as all of the work would be in the trucks and drivers and not the shell, but that is just my opinion.  The present challenge is the Amtrak Superliners, these are enough of a challenge for right now.  Bob.

Oh ... I thought you were done with them already ..:Tongue_Out_Emoji_with_Tightly_Closed_Eyes(24x24):

Why would think that I was done, as I have barely started, and presently  working on a mold for the window frames right now. Sean, you are trying to get my goat, that's obvious,  but I am not going to tell you where I tied it up.  Let's see some more of your work. Maybe I will count some rivets on your endeavors,  and why don't you build that monster, if you are looking for a challenge. Bob.

Bob

I'm Jealous .. I haven't ruin a train in a longggg time... I can't even fix these x-mas lights.....

Yes I do try to goat you .. but all is in fun.. I love your work, and am amazed how you come up with your solutions... Next Year my resolution is to try to be more .. :ph34r:

No hard feelings ...

I am also having fun with you, so yes it is all in fun, hope I haven't made you feel bad. I was just called a liar on YouTube by someone asking me about my vertical TV lift and I took that as an insult, so I let him have it, so maybe I was still riled when I posted the answer to your post, so, sorry. Some of these people on YouTube can be insulting since they are not standing right in front of anyone. Bob.

• 1 month later...

I wrote that article on folded paper diaphragms for Steam in the Garden, but they wouldnt do for those full width difragms. The oine who used to make that kind of diaphragms was David Leech his are made of smoth thin rubber and would look perfect for a T1. Alas I can't install one on mine because thats where the regulator and blower levers are...

• 2 years later...

Great to see this running. The sound has pretty distinct chuffs, I like it.

I've built several diesels yet never a steamer. Don't like the idea of playing with the running gear.

I considered making an Allegheny for a few minutes and never did.

Got to know your limits.....

Hope you're having fun!

Thanks again Joe.  I probably wouldn't have even thought of making one if it wasn't for the fact that I have a CNC Bridgeport mill.  It made it fairly easy to make the rods and stuff. I am going to go light on the trains for a while.  I do have a few projects having to do with trains, but my plans are to put the 1937 Cadillac together and to work on trains in my spare time.  Bob.

• 1 year later...