My backyard layout by Robert Brown

rbrown7713

The one in Pa.  would be a real challenge to make a mold for, but it could be done.  Yes, it is beautiful.  I did consider one like that, but decided to keep it easier to do and less time consuming. Probably would have to have wire in every vertical to limit cracking.  Mine has undergone some failures, but a little epoxy and it rendered an undetectable crack when put back together. Bob.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here I go again.  Repairing part of the mold.  You would think, paying 50 bucks a sheet, they would use exterior glue.  When I experience a failure, I replace it with solid oak like this repair.  If anyone is thinking about making molds like these, I would use oak. Bob.

IMG_1014.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into a problem that I will share with you.  When trying to remove the large arch sections, it got increasingly more difficult to remove them.  They really started to stick.  The soapy liquid was not working.  I still use it with the sides, the areas where the stone is.  I am now taking a brush and brushing on axle grease on the entire bottom of the mold, urethane and wood.  It is now easy to remove.  Lifts right up.  There was a point before using grease that I thought that the part couldn't be removed, but now is solved. Bob.

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jerry, I moved into a trailer on this property in 1995, and 4 years later after building my workshop, I started on the house and 9 years after that, I am in it and I really enjoy it, paid for too, that's the nice part.  Well have to get back to the workshop and make that vacuum hold down fixture, Bob.

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

You are all probably wondering why it is taking so long to pour all of this concrete.  Well, this is part of the problem.  The concrete co. is sending me 1:32 scale concrete trucks.  Bob.

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

• 2 weeks later...