My backyard layout by Robert Brown

rbrown7713

2 hours ago, rbrown7713 said:

Another update.  Only 5 more sections to pour and then will have to figure out what to do about a 5 foot straight section. 

A bridge ?

Want it to be light weight for easy removal.  Almost there.  Well then there is track laying.  Has anyone laid 10 foot radius track without pre- bending the track? 

Have you thought of sectional ? You could get a rail bender that will bend both rails @ once.

https://www.trainli.com/rail-bender-p-36

Using there track as well.

If I do that what will be the downside? Bob.

IMG_1679.JPG

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Train-Li EasyBend-Duo Track bender and have used it on sectional track. The manual that came with it gives tips on how to easily use it with sectional track.  Looking at yours I'm sure it will also do that.  I think the booklet is on line, I'll check.  LiG   

EDIT:  looked on line for the manual, appears not published but if you PM me I will scan and send it to you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much nick, but I don't think that I will need it.  Here is an update to my 18,000 lb. layout.  Just 2 1/2 straight sections and 1 curved section to pour, and I have purchased a Pola 56 inch bridge as a removable section, so I am almost finished and then laying the track. Bob.

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Pola bridge for the removable section for the layout.  To handle two tracks, I widened it 3 inches and will set it on my columns., it is 56 1/2 inches long.  Only 1 1/2 concrete sections to go, will be done in a couple of days. Bob.

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

The Alpha and the Omega.  First picture, two years and days ago, and the finish. Now I am constructing a spur to go into the house and this consists of pouring partial parts of the viaduct and fitting them together to form the spur.  I am running only one track heading inside the house. Whew, I am tired.  Bob.

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1727.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

Horay !

Well done .. Well done .. :Tongue_Out_Emoji(24x24):

Hopefully the track will just lay down and not fight ya !

Great work ... I can't wait for the train video's ... I use You-tube and Vimeo ( I like Vimeo a little better )

Thanks Sean for your continuing encouragement.  I still have much work, laying track, building the inside structure for the tracks, but eventually I will post some videos of some trains running. Bob.

Thanks Jerry.  I just turned 74, and other than feeling like an old man, I am holding up OK, I guess.  I can't wait to see some of my trains running also.  I still have to pour 5 straights and two curves to get into the house, other than the spur setup, that will take 4 pours.  I was looking at chicken coop automatic doors for the opening, looks promising, so I will keep everyone updated as to my progress, looks like I will make it after all, Bob.

Here is the concrete portion of the spur to get into the house.   Boy, needs quite a bit of grinding.  The molds, both the wood and the urethane changed over two years, and that is why I need to do some grinding.  The urethane does shrink and the would falls apart from the weather.  Oh well, I can still make it fit, and it will get the job done, Bob.

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1733.JPG

Thanks for all of the encouragement and I am happy that it is coming to a close, and yes they are heavy.  The largest piece is 150 lbs. and sometimes I can't get my crane in place and have to place it by hand and I have to be very careful not to strain my back, and have several times, but it is over.  Now another job and that is to lay track and pay for it, oh well, it will be done someday, Bob.