My backyard layout by Robert Brown

rbrown7713

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have been building cabinets to house the track layout in the house.  Here you see 18 feet of cabinets and have 2 more rooms to go.  I will not only be building the lower shelf for the trains, 3 tracks, 45 ft. long, but will build shelves above them for storage. Bob.

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

I am painting some GT cars to match the Chessie E-7 I got. Finked out and left them the short length, my projects stretch out so long I'd probably not get them done for a year if I lengthened them. Skytop lounges I lengthened are still on the workbench. Lettering mostly.  Starting to lay a inner loop on my layout, dug thru the track I brought down and found some curves that I won't need to change too much with my dual rail bender.

Sounds like that you are as busy as I am.  I want to finish this layout so that I can get back to building and modifying cars, as that is what I really like.  Tell me all about your dual rail bender and how happy you are with it.  I have one too, but have never used one. Show me one of your Chessie cars painted, because I am going to do the same thing for my E-7, Bob.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here is the last room with the cabinets.  I discovered that I have room for 4 tracks instead of 3, so that gives me 50 more feet of parking, totaling 200 feet.  I just ordered 200 feet of track to get me started.  I am using SSVR track and switches. Bob.

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG