My backyard layout by Robert Brown

rbrown7713

Here is what the column mold pattern and mold looks like pulling the pattern out of the mold. The second picture is the mold ready to pour. And a video of there I will put the layout and a short video of how I am going to construct it.  I think that I will color the concrete a light brown and then have to only spot some blocks with a few different colors to make it look like the pattern. Bob.

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I have been watching the weather all year. Florida has been very warm. We have had a good year too but much colder.

Today, I ran a few laps cleaning the track. That has to be a personal record up here. I have never got to run so early in the year. It was a good thing I listened and left the track down!

• 2 weeks later...

No, as I have been working on the T1 and as soon as I get a little further ahead on it, I will post some pictures.  I want to lay some roadbed, but I keep running into problems with the T1. Bob.

Finally took care of my car problems and officially starting the layout.  Here is the first pad, and I plan to pour one a day, so, two and a half months later, all of the pads should be poured, says me. Bob.

IMG_0873.JPG

I am trying to figure out how to align the columns so that the top portion will be in the correct place.  I guess I could use the top pattern each time I install the columns since it will be the same as the concrete one, or I could make a plywood pattern to lie on the concrete pad.  The plywood pattern might be more accurate, because it will fit the pad perfectly, don't know yet, but here is what I have so far, ready to pour the next one tomorrow. My cat is always supervising, doesn't trust me. Bob.

IMG_0875.JPG

I did make provisions for locking the top part of the viaduct.  I molded in a wedge type shape, so when two abutting sections are together I will pour the opening with concrete with two short pieces of rebar, hope that that is good enough.  The ground around here is stable, but there are roots, I worry about them.  Well if something moves anything, I will just have to deal with it, just like any other bridge, but I hope nothing moves.  What have you been doing? Done anything on the laser? Bob.

I am embarrassed to say no. I forgot to order a usb cable again. The stores don't have a correct one. I have been making molds and casting. There has been some interruptions. The wind yesterday broke some trees.

I got a new O scale Amtrak engine and the color is wrong. What can you do?

OK, I have been a little slow pouring concrete.  I have been working on the crane because I realized that moving the crane around is impossible in the dirt, so I took off the small casters and added l0 inch casters, so that the crane could be moved more easily.  I also bought an electric wheel chair that will also be modified with larger tires so that I can push around the crane with ease, says me.  Here is a picture. Bob.

IMG_0880_1.JPG

Sean, you will see it in very short time.  The large casters have been installed on the crane and one side of the large casters have been installed on the chair. I had to stretch out the crane legs because the center of gravity was wrong.  I am installing the trailer hitch and the other casters tomorrow, so it won't be long. Bob.

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG