No, it has an antennae, so appears to be a radio signal, it operates with wifi, and a downloaded app. for my smart phone, not like the other infra red system.  Someone said that the antennae is not needed, I will try that, as I don't want an antennae sticking out.. Bob.

Well, I spent the last 4 hours, buying the wood and cutting it and putting it together and it seems that it will work very good.  When threading the rails though, gets a little stiff toward the end, so I will try WD-40, like Jerry said.  Needs some lubricant.  Took about 4 hours to build, but will save about 50 hrs. I believe. Here are some pictures. Bob.

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

First things first, as I wanted to make it easy to slide the rails through the ties, which it does, and then, most likely when I lay the track, some trimming of the rails will be necessary and that problem will be eliminated. Bob.

So when are you going to stop watching TV and start laying some track?

Some of us can't wait to see some trains running... :Smirk_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):

I have all of the 200 ft. of rail threaded onto the ties, so today I am going to lay 3 switches and start start laying the track in  the switch yard, so pretty soon.  BTW, the jig for the track sure made the work easier and faster. Bob.

Also, if anyone is interested in building the jig for threading the rails onto the ties, here are the sizes of the pieces of wood that I laid between the ties.   I bought the wood at Lowes and I used the 1/4 in. Poplar, which is actually around .240 and the width between the ties is around .400 in., and the length is about, 1.3. It takes 190 of them.  Just some notes.  The tie strips have two points on them with flashing that either have to be shaved off or they will not go into the jig, or the way I did it is locate each tie on the jig that these exist and shave the wood in all 12 spots, therefore not having to shave each tie strip.  With these measurements, the tie strips fit tight into the slots, and sometimes because of the way the strips came out of the mold, a little fitting with a chisel is necessary to force the tie strips down into the slots, didn't happen many times.  You have to make sure that the strips lay all the way down in the jig, or your rails will stop at that point.  Also, I feed the rails into the strips about 2/3's of the way and then use pliers to pull the rails the rest of the way.  It would probably be better to fasten the jig to a table and then pull the rails through and I will probably do that for the remaining 300 ft. that I will do next month.  Any questions, please ask.  This sure makes it easier. Bob.