Wanted mth dash 8 40c or cw NS or csx

Hmmm, well let me answer one at a time. I have a six axle and a four axle SFe 8-40CW wide cabs in silver warbonnet, both well used and a little rough. One has some broken stuff up front. No boxes

I also have a four axle narrow cab in SFe 8- 40C blue freight scheme that I've had for years.

I have a newer BNSF 8-40CW in wedge or speed scheme That I want to keep. I also have a four axle narrow nose BNSF that I modified to body couplers and might keep.

MTH doesn't have a SD40 so I'm guessing you want either a SD45 from Aristo or a SD40-2 from USA?

post-10-0-52677500-1433191159.jpg

post-10-0-15299000-1439316706.jpg

Sorry, I thought I'd sleep on it. Your posts seem to be all over the place in what you are after. You have asked about SD40 and GP models. I thought I'd better wait until you figure out what you are after. You also stated you have a spare board. I'm not sure what that has to do with me? All these engines I have run fine.

You said the warbonnets were rough .ps2 boards have been know to go bad. And yes mth doesn't  make an sd40 or geeps in G . But you never know sometimes .sorry I have g guage fever.. loll..so what about the Santa fes?  Please and thanks so much

I will take some updated pictures that may help. I remember receiving one of the warbonnets and seeing the front porch was cracked. I never fixed it. I can only guess that it had been in some kind of accident?

They are the older models and run fine. They just are well used. I am not really in a hurry to sell anything. I have to decide whether I even want to sell them. I like to help someone who is looking for something that they can't find.

BTW, there are many used ones for sale on ebay I've noticed now. Some are near mint. Again, There are many new ones at dealers as well. I count five dealers off the top of my head that have them with out even looking for more.

I've never heard of PS2 3 volt boards in these engines as known to go bad? I have many of them. All have the original boards inside, so I don't know what you are describing?

The road names on ebay I don't want except maybe the yellow warbonnet. Amtrak no.. cnw no.. and conrail. .lord no.. csx or Norfolk southern or the red warbonnets like you have is what i want.or Atlantic Coast line which nobody makes.. . I've had several boards go out in ps2 and 3 but I've bought and sold  lots of engines. Glad yours are ok.. so send me some pics and thx.

Joe's right as PS2 3V boards are rock solid and 99.9% of failures are owner induced usually by not properly fusing a layout...ie voltage spikes during a derailment or heading into a switch with improper frog polarity.

If you go by that, the entire 2001 "flyer" shipped in 2001...and THAT didn't happen.

Nothing shipped until 2004 at the earliest. First was the Challengers and MTH felt so bad about the 4 year delay they included a free DCS Remote.

http://mthtrains.com/shipping-schedule?field_catalog_tid=3408&field_product_line_tid=4358&title=&field_shipped_date_value_op=word&field_shipped_date_value=&sort_by=field_shipped_date_value&sort_order=DESC&items_per_page=50

OK

8-40BW #507 OD scale miles =609.5 crono=70:26

8-40CW #839  OD scale miles =437.6 crono = 59:17

smoke units work on both engines.

Don't confuse the "release" date with the delivery date. Catalog dates don't mean how old the engines are. These engines weren't around in '01. They are some of the oldest though. Because they have steel gears, they are still running strong and reliable pullers.

I might just keep them! They are my go to engines pulling freight around the layout.

I just waited years for a catalog engine that was in the '13 catalog. Take a look at how long the Santa Fe F7s just took to arrive.

Posted September 5, 2016 · Report post

Not too long ago I sent a mail to Kristin at MTH asking if she knew about the arrival of the Santa Fe F7s.

To my surprise, she said they were en route and should arrive at MTH on September 5th. Today.

Any takers on a bet the consignment was handled by Hanjin Shipping?

Jens