MTH F7 motor help!

PAZGRR7315

Have a CN F7 AA with power unit front truck motor failure.  Anyone with a spare motor for replacement?  MTH, etc. no replies--or not available...

Truck dissasembly down to motor, power applied rear power truck is a go; front is stuck, can spin with finger and it goes at all speeds until stopped.

Is this a bearing shaft failure, if so, anyone with a fix?  Thanks.

You should always contact Ray to see if he could get the parts. I haven't been inside my F series that I remember anyways.

I read of motor failures yet I've never had any of mine fail yet? My used GG1 had a loose motor mount that threw me for a bit until I discovered it was loose. I tightened it, and she has run fine ever since.

Hi, thank you on the recommendation on the part Joe.  On this one I am currently out of stock (an MTH is also due to an inventory count issue) (I've given the head parts guy a heads up that they need to get more of these ordered)

GRR7315:  Are you saying that you can get the motor spinning under electric power but as soon as you apply friction with your finger it stops?  Is it running intermittent or just seems extremely weak?  If very weak then I would replace it and take Robert's very kind offer on his motor.

eMail'd address;

thanks--I appreciate this.

Now if anyone has Santa Fe Warbonnet cabs to swap...

*also, Ray when power is applied to the engine, the 'rear truck' begins spinning -- frnt is dead; when I applied finger pressure to spin the exposed gear, it will begin to operate like it should.  All speeds, both directions, however, when I slow to a stop--it will not spin either direction-until finger push.

Ray, I am the one that contacted you by eMail for a motor' you did respond "none in stock"; I also mentioned a 'motor' to MTH staff on Wednesday before the opening Thursday York TCA.  Head parts guy I believe, but they were wheeling in material for setup.  E'mailed MTH thru the website -- "NO" reply, as of this date.  So it is a "NO"  saw-wa-dee-cop to Mike...  Good morning (day) to Mike in Thai language...

rbrown, my Subway sandwich arrived!  I thank you, will be installing as soon as I get the tomatoes and sweet peppers planted... the front porch & deck washed... looks like rain soon here in NEPA; that will pave the way for an indoor project.  :D