A Train in the Yard start 5-15-2017

Larry Sr.

Hi everyone

Being very active in O gauge I decided over a year ago to fix a small 20' X 40'  outside Garden  using G scale. That's inside trains in the winter and outside trains in the summer.

It will be basically two separate tracks with turnouts for standing trains. Strictly  a toy type theme and no real focus yet. :)

I have accumulated materials over that years time and just recently started tearing up the yard.  This is building on the fly, no plans just have fun with it is the main idea. However, I do want it to work so send help if you see me doing something dumb. Joe and Ray have been giving me some pointers recently and I do appreciate any pointers.

The DC world is obviously a very different system so I have purchased books and doing a lot of reading, especially DCS WiFi. I have legacy on the O layout so DCS is all new to me.:blink:

I have Bachmann, LGB and 2 MTH PS2 engines. I like trains period. Hopefully this layout will be capable of running anything I want to run. Including MTH DCS WiFi.

So hopefully I won't mess up to often. I have attached some pictures to catch everyone up on where I'm at. It a one old man build so speed is not in the plan.lol I have a very long way to go and hopefully will not bore ya to death.

Larry

Erwin, TN.

She (AKA Wife) insisted on a small pond! We have had so much rain lately it has been a real PITA to get this far. And that is me right before 5 o'clock Coors time.

DSCN0073.JPG

DSCN0080.JPG

DSCN0096.JPG

DSCN0122.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

DSCN0108.JPG

Sean

I tried to use the same one  from the other O  forum but still trying to figure it out. It keeps telling me the file is to large . I'll get it eventually.

Larry

Did get a little more work between rain on pond and planter? The pond lights do look better than the picture of them.

Received a Challenger and  Big Boy in mail. That's exciting.:D

And Rays sending me battery modifications for both of them.

So all is well even with little work progress. We will get hot if it ever stops raining making a mud hole to dig in.  Rain is good.

Still having fun:)

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

Hi All.

I'm really not goofing off much on this train in the yard project. The weather has been wet here in East TN.

Here is a few pictures of progress. Don't  look like much but there is a lot of  work hours.

Had to extend the space some because the small pond kinda grew.

It  is a benefit because I'm getting very close to my O gauge train room. ...........be nice to run them big engines right into the room.....  it will happen.lol  Bargaining continues.

Any way, I hope everyone remembers our fallen Military with a prayer and has an enjoyable weekend:)

Larry

Semper Fidelis

Echo 2/5  67/68

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

Shoot, I would have traded you for an undecorated tender I have. The shipping is just too much. I just paid over $25 for 2 pounds! It is getting ridiculous.

Those decals look good. Treat them gently. Apply some type of protection over them too!

Hi allicon_wave.gif

Weekly Update 6-11-17:D

The train Yard Project Goes Onicon_smile.gif

Here is what was done this past week . Once again not impressive but lots of hidden hours.icon_smile.gif  At least for a old guy. ha

Plants are done thank goodness. The boss is happyicon_thumbsup.gif

Weed barrier was all put down.

Then wire , wire and more wire to have all the electrical completed.

We are talking a inner (About 140' + sides24') and outer loop(105 + sides24' ) with 6 isolated switch controlled sections, 8 remote  switches. Not counting auxiliary wire placements extras for expansions . hee  she don't know about.

All to hopefully be very user friendly with MTH DCS WiFi One Gauge DC trains.

Yea I know boy I'm pushing my luck. lol But it's fun trying!

The permanent 20 amp  circuit  for the pond and it's accessories is completed.

The dedicated 20 amp circuit is almost done for the train consol. Just have to cut it into the mail panel .

You can see in the pictures where the circuitry will all meet up on the deck. Tried to keep it all neat with pretty colors.LOL

Believe it or not the plan is for the All major components will be portable and never involved in  weather.

You will see that later HOPEFULLY. lolicon_confused.gif

Have a great week all.

Still having Funicon_smile.gif

Larry

PS    Next week 6 plus ton of small rock with  to spread with a WHEEL BARROW t.

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I haven’t quit on the Train in the yard project! Actually hard at it when time permits. These pictures are to give you a idea of how the project will be viewed as well as progress.

11 year old grandson visit and he about wore us out. Dolly wood, traveling, Alabama tough on an old guy. Lol, Had a good time, good memories.:D

On to ROCK spreading and wiring.

Here are some progress pictures. I’m out of rock and will need some more:( Not much, thank God.

Oh, due to the fish nut grandson I now have gold fish and Koi.;)

That was not in the plan. The small pond is now tented to protect the fishes from UV and high pond temperatures???? Go figure.

Now on to track, soldering and work on the main control console that will be on the deck.This will be slow , long time consuming tasks. But I love it compared to rock and digging .:D

The main console will be mostly portable but some of it will be permanent. Somewhat of a fun challenge the way I have it planned. We will see.lol

Wishing all a very Happy 4th of July weekend:)

Larry

DSCN0424.JPG

DSCN0425.JPG

DSCN0428.JPG

DSCN0435.JPG

DSCN0436.JPG

DSCN0449.JPG