USA Ultimate Tank cars

enginear joe

Got another USA tanker in. I have to swap to KDs right away to run with my other equipment. It's great that USA includes all the screws to convert their cars. Remove the trucks. Screw on the adapter/ spacers and add the KDs. They also have metal trucks that are weighed to track nicely pushed or pulled. They have bronze bushings inside that roll decent. Just remove the USA coupler and re-attach.

I can't pass up a good deal on one. I missed some other cars that ended earlier that evening. Someone got a heck of a deal on their auto carriers.

Maybe someday I will paint and decal some for Stauffer Chem. where my Dad worked.

(I like the MTH tank cars overall. I just wish the trucks were metal or heavier.)

DSC_2116.JPG

• 6 months later...

I know this is an older topic, but does anyone know how to remove the vents and hatches from the top of these? I bought an ADM 42' that I want to "convert" to Corn Syrup use. So I need to remove the one with the lid and move the filling hatch to that location.