MDC caboose kitbash

I like the MDC caboose with my 1/32nd cars, the MTH caboose seems too small to me anyway. So I got two MDC cabooses from ebay and figured the size from some plans I found online. This is not perfect by any means, or prototypical, but good enuf for me. I used my Delta miter saw to cut them, worked fine. Used that thin/clear glue to weld the pieces together. Roofs were a different texture, so will cover them with metal duct tape before I paint.  Will probably use MTH trucks, but may use the MDC ones, what ever is easiest!  Will be a red caboose for my UP freight. MDCabooseA.thumb.JPG.a267241f8dce4b6dec5fbcc973d1783c.JPG

I always thought when I was young, that the RRs made some cabooses with whatever they had left over or laying around. I didn't realize that the car makers made most? I have to imagine that there is a prototype for this. There are so many pics of them that look bashed together or modified, in real life. Maybe old box cars with windows hacked in and cupolas added?