Tuscarora RR #5 (Bachmann C-19 overhaul)

The D&RGW made them famous by naming them "C-19,"

TRR513.jpg

But to Baldwin, they were "10-26 E," and they built a bunch of 'em not only for the D&RG, but for railroads all around the globe. Of those locos, the most familiar to fans of eastern railroading would be EBT's #7.

EBT708.jpg

Logic would dictate--knowing my love of the EBT--that I would jump at the chance to convert Bachmann's model to a model of the EBT's 2-8-0. Well, had they announced the loco a year before they actually did, then yes. Unfortunately while they were busy developing their model, I was busy scratchbuilding one of my own! (of all the rotten timing.)

So, I don't need two models of the same loco, so what to do with the Bachmann C-19? Well, how about taking some of the best features of the C-19 as built by Bachmann, and combining it with the simplicity of some of the 10-26 Es built for export, applied to a loco purchased used by a semi-fictitious railroad in 1916?

TRR512.jpg

TRR505.jpg

TRR504.jpg

More info on the work that was done and detailed photos can be found by <a href="http://tuscarorarailroad.blogspot.com"> visiting my blog.</a> (And if you scroll down on my blog, you'll see photos of my EBT #7, which I finished right about the time the Bachmann model came out.

Later,

K