MTH passenger cars stretch mold.

rbrown7713

Awhile back, I made these molds for the MTH passenger cars for both the smooth and the corrugated sides so that the cars would be closer to the prototype length.  I just bought some more cars and when I finish the T1, I will be using these molds to stretch out come cars.  I hope I live to be 120. Somewhere I had posted these, but I have forgotten where, so this is for anyone interested in stretching some cars. Anybody have any questions, fire.  Bob.

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

I feel that the car should be longer like you did, and also the trucks, that you also did. I wish MTH would release premier level equipment in gauge one at full scale dimensions. Being 1/32, they are already smaller than most stuff out there.

and here's your post... (click on the picture)

See what happens when you get old.  I forgot that I posted that about the trucks.  With the stretched trucks and the stretched car, I think it looks better.  I picked up 2 more Great Trains Superliner cars, that makes 4 that I have,  the short ones, but I will also stretch them out, might make a complete mold of a stretched one,  so that I have a ten car consist, but that is in the future. Here is a stretched Pullman with the stretched trucks. Bob.

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

They look great when painted like that! The window shades take it over the top....

& We all are getting up there! I maybe catching up to you?

After I saw that there were 2 models of GT's F40PH, a long and a short one, I wondered if there was also 2 different lengths of the Superliners?

• 1 year later...

I have too.  Evidently Ralph Brown built, I believe 10 of them.  I tried to stretch the Ralph Brown superliners and it didn't work for me, so I started from scratch and built the molds.  I have 10 cars ready to be put together, but they will have to wait, as I have several other chores to do before I start on them. Bob.

• 2 weeks later...