Bachmann Connie to an 0-8-0 Saddle Tank

jaug

I posted this in Indoor Layouts by mistake so just re-posting some photos of my Connie conversion.  I purchased this Connie as a basket case, no gear box, pilot truck missing, numerous detail parts missing, like air compressor, sand dome top, whistle, and a lot of the piping plus the boiler section was in bad shape and the smoke box top was cracked at the smoke stack and the tender was not included, so figured, why not? She"s a free lance model so you rivet counters can have your say. The tank is a section of 3" PVC pipe split and widened and wrapped with a thin plastic sheet with hand embossed rivets, I added a second Bachmann steam dome and put lids on both, a new whistle, compressor with regulator, generator with base made from tin, built the walkway from brass and plastic and the ladder from brass, added a water hatch, relocated the bell and head light, added a rear light, cut the pilot down, made a new rear end cill and Kadee couplers fron and rear, gland hands and hose, the cab was completely modified and there are full cab and back head details using Trackside Details parts, including injectors, lubricator, steam turret, brake valve, new throttle, reversing mechinsim, oil firing valve (she's converted to oil and has a new oil tank thanks to a Bachmann 2-6-6-2), steam/air and oil/steam gauges, all related piping was added, a new cab LED light, electrical box, etc. All piping was made from brass rod and or tube. A TAS Smoke unit and Phoenix sound with reed switches mounted in each cylinder for chuff inputs. Airbrushed with Scalecoat 2 Loco Black (Matte)fullsizeoutput_37b.thumb.jpeg.3d5918ac808653f3ffa8f8a74b892a8f.jpegfullsizeoutput_37c.thumb.jpeg.f49fdff6a810241878d1bd80682d8b60.jpegfullsizeoutput_379.thumb.jpeg.0ddc94333d54cca0df436ce822c06931.jpegfullsizeoutput_378.thumb.jpeg.eef64adbb09b528b1e80fafc4a8acb34.jpegfullsizeoutput_37a.thumb.jpeg.03930d15dde301a49ba5e43db7e2aadc.jpeg

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG