Bachmann 1:29

markoles

Guys,

I never thought that Bachmann would enter the 1/29 scale market, but they've announced and shown a 1/29 scale version of their popular Peter Witt streetcar.  This is an interesting development, consdiering that aristo made the PCC in that same scale. 

Any of you guys in to the trolleys?  I have been able to resist them so far, but who knows, this might be a reason to start some transit lines..

Hey Mark,

Interesting development and makes me wonder what else they might get into which is a good thing.  We really stand to profit if they broadening their product line.  I personally am not into the streetcar stuff but I'm sure a number are.

I've been generally impressed with how Bachmann has improved their g-scale offerings over the years, but I'm not a big buyer of their trains, either.  I would like the new big hauler with the metal gears, same with the 2-4-2T, but other priorities prevent me from purchasing.  Still, I think it is interesting that they have gone in this direction, considering they have two trolleys that are what? 1/24 scale-ish?  The closed and open sided single truck streetcars. 

I'd probably be more interested in a Brill semi-convertible streetcar, you know, the old style wooden ones.... but I'm more of a steam locomotive kind of guy in any case!