bearings in everything!

enginear joe

We shouldn't have to spend our time modifying every piece of equipment that we get. Unfortunately that's what I have to do. Couplers won't couple, lights draw too much or melt stuff, engines throw their traction tires or simply wear out trying to pull cars that used to roll "OK". etc. etc.

Why is it taking so long for toy trains to get all LED lighting across the board in everything? How do manufacturers sell engines with plastic gears and rolling stock that drags? Why aren't their speakers inside the steam engines? Bluetooth is not a foreign rock band by the way!

Ah well. I keep complaining but stuff changes slower than......

So I have to make things better. I have to take any lighted cars I buy and modify them. The LGB Genesis series' lighting burns up from my voltage settings? All the brands flicker like there's lightning going off inside the trains. & Where's the passengers?

Now some cars have quit rolling....

Urrrggg!!!!

• 1 month later...

The answer to that Joe is make them yourself, you won't be disapointed. Take it from me, I do a lot of scratchbuilding (and did so before I retired) and my purchasses tend to fill in with what is available that fits my theme and saves me from scratchbuilding it. But one is often disapointed by purchasses. Even high end ones. I have just spent the last month making new trucks for coaches sold at over a £1000 each. I bought them top save time well there you go...