MTH dash 8 on Trainz

Jerry B44

Wow! Hammer price of $585.00 + 18% buyers fee of $105.30 = $690.30 + $19.99 shipping = $710.29  :Surprised_Face_Emoji(24x24):  

Not bad for a auction with no actual pictures of it!

That one is from the very first production run and listed for $399.95...St. Aubin was selling them for $369.95 as i bought 3...Now wished I woulda kept them!!

https://mthtrains.com/70-2002-1

I've seen some UP equipment bring in some higher prices just recently. I wonder if it's just because it was UP?

I myself, would prefer a new engine for that price. I'm glad to see them rising in value though, as they should. They are built very well.

WOW! a full box of 20' stainless curve sold for 108? and an Aristo E8 for 275?

Someone jacked up the end bid price on me last week so I couldn't even look tonight.

I'm with you on having a new one at that price!

Be interesting to see if that winner actually pays for that Dash-8...I see in his feedback he never paid for a Aristo UP Dash-9 that he won....Trainz left him a negative on that.

Trainz is real easy to deal with...I've put them off on paying up to 3 weeks once...just drop them a note saying you haven't forgot them and they're okay with that.

I've been debating lately about which way to go...again. I was gonna buy the full USA Trains UP passenger car set...decided to go with MTH instead as save lots of $$$ :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24): 

The top 3 bidders had no feedback points. Well the top one is negative 1! Interesting anyways. I see a lot of stuff get relisted or moved to Ebay in the few days after.

When I don't bid, it seems like stuff goes cheap. When I try to win, it sells above list?

You have to click on the feedback for it to open then it's all listed. 

Okay in their profile there's 2 feedback buttons...click on the lower one just above the selling button. When clicking that lower feedback it opens another 2 buttons...feedbacks received and feed backs left. Click on feedbacks received and the whole buying history opens up. All clicks are left mouse.

It's really interesting doing that as can expose the shilling going on over there. And yes I've seen items "won" on Trainz for a very low price only to showup on eBay in a week or so using the same pics as Trainz and same item description...even the winners name is used on eBay.  

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/17/2017 at 10:16 PM, enginear joe said:

I've seen some UP equipment bring in some higher prices just recently. I wonder if it's just because it was UP?

I myself, would prefer a new engine for that price. I'm glad to see them rising in value though, as they should. They are built very well.

WOW! a full box of 20' stainless curve sold for 108? and an Aristo E8 for 275?

Someone jacked up the end bid price on me last week so I couldn't even look tonight.

As a union pacific fan, I can say I have noticed UP prices are typically higher than other road names, that includes aristocraft and usa trains.