MTH 2017 Passenger Cars Are Shipping!

Chuck

Looks like some of the new 2017 MTH RailKing 1 Gauge passenger cars are shipping! :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_large(24x24):

From what I can tell all cars are in stock except for the observations and I suppose those will arrive shortly!

I just placed my 9 car order with Raymond :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24):

Order them fast before they're all gone! :Surprised_Face_Emoji(24x24):

Wow, that's crazy Chuck. Is UP the roadname you ordered? It sounds like MTH must not have anticipated the demand.

I also think MTH should do more old school advertising, i.e. ads in Garden Railways magazine, because none of the garden railroaders I've talked to in my area have even heard there is an MTH 2017 catalog. Of course, now they know because I mentioned it so maybe that's the word of mouth MTH is going for, but it seems like a bit more traditional marketing would be helpful.

Ben, Yep ordered the UP cars and infact was already too late for the single coach cars as they were already sold out so ended up ordering 3 of the 3-car sets + 1 observation.

Well MTH is pretty much build to order but even that isn't true these days. Within a few weeks of the 2017 catalog being released, MTH started shipping coal cars.

Thinking about that it would be hard to advertise in GR as they need a few months lead time...by the time the new catalog would be advertised some products would already be sold out.

That and I think MTH factory only allows a certain amount of limited time for production of each item which results in x amount of pieces. I mean they produce item in 4 scales so say injection mold machine time is booked months in advance....build slots that is. Gotta be quite the juggling act to keep products on schedule with some new 1,200 sku's every year.