DCS 6.1 triggers alert?

enginear joe

I just downloaded the latest file "DCS6_10.exe", used WinZip to extract the files to the current directory and scanned all three with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and neither came up with anything.  The only change to have any risk would be with an .exe file and executing the exe to unzip the files.  However if you use winzip to manually extract the files you (without just executing the exe file) that would avoid triggering anything that would be there.  Personally I think it is a false positive.  What anti-virus are you using?

Just the stock windows 10 with defender.

The second attempt I made at the download, was deleted before I could open or extract anything.

The third attempt, I saved it to a removable drive and pulled it out fast before it got deleted. A warning popped up on the screen as I removed the drive.

So I am afraid to load the drive into my old computer.

I guess I could just try it and hope for the best?

I have seen other alerts about MTH products like a on-line catalog for example. Once, it would not let me look at a new on-line catalog. So maybe it's a false trigger of the alert again?

It says Trojan: Win32/Fuerboos.A!cl

container file: F:\DCS6_10.exe

file: F:\DCS6_10.exe->[Ceelnject_KK_DynExe]

It said this program is dangerous and executes commands from an attack

remove threat now!

That's what I'm running is Windows 10 with Windows defender with the very latest updates to Defender and the latest Win 10 version just released yesterday but nothing shows on scans.  I wonder if your system has been compromised.  I also run Malwarebytes for another layer of protection.

When I tried to extract on one of the attempts, is when it deleted it. It wouldn't allow me to do anything. I was surprised it let it download the third attempt.

My basement computer(s) is messed up and I can't connect it to the internet anyways. So it wouldn't be a loss. I use it for upgrades, soundset downloads, and DCS upgrades only.

I would try a tablet or phone if I moved into the current century and got hip with modern stuff. I bought a serial connector for an older TIU and that didn't work. So I didn't attempt to try and make some connection to a phone.

Seems like I fail on this stuff.

I had malwarebytes when my last computer took a dive. So I wouldn't trust that for protection.

My favorite was Norton who not only wouldn't help me after being hacked, they demanded that I pay them for their continued service for another year into the future as soon as I would get a new computer!

I think after Mcafee sold out they only wanted new subscription payments as well without making their program improve with modern threats? It comes preloaded with the HP computer. It took a dive within months.

Seems like some anti-virus programs come with a virus preloaded?

I usually get about 2 years before they get taken over. Must be from some friendly adversaries that don't like my replies?

or I'm just an easier target?

See, now you got me rambling on and on........................

I always check for updates and make sure that they do get installed. Seems like the hacks shut down the updating first. The fact that this is staying current gives me hope that all's well.

Ooops, I manually checked and now there's new updates. I see that it did the last check yesterday and nothing new.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest 6.1 upgrade was to support updates to the App so anyone using the Wifi App will need to upgrade to 6.10.   App updates occur automatically on the personal device so once an update is released it wont be long before you will need to install the updates to the TIU and Remote.