End Of The USAT Hudson?

Chuck

Taken from the USA Trains FaceBook Group....

USA Trains says Goodbye to the Hudson
USA Trains will discontinue the production of the Prestige Series J1e Hudson. USA Trains introduced the Hudson in 2001. 

Don't know if that is a fact or just a marketing ploy to empty the warehouse of Hudson's to make room for the FEF's??

I mean Hudson sales will surely drop once the FEF's are in stock.

I was staring right at the Hudson and the Bigboy at the York train show a few years back. Both were on sale at a big discount. My girl dragged me away and said "don't even think about it".

It's funny, for years now I keep thinking about that!

I would think there would remain a market for the Hudson as many don't have min 20' curves????

I have to think if they are publicly stating they are discontinuing the engine it would be due to the high cost of inventory.  They are relatively high dollar items and they probably either can't afford or dont want to bare the inventory costs now that they have another $4000 engine to keep in-stock.  I guess this means the Hudson I had shipped to me with broken frame post will never see a replacement (at least for the foreseeable future).  The other thing is that Hudson has been sold for a very long time and imagine the market is pretty saturated.  Take good care of your Hudson if you have to ship it!

On 10/25/2017 at 9:33 AM, Rayman4449 said:

I have to think if they are publicly stating they are discontinuing the engine it would be due to the high cost of inventory.  They are relatively high dollar items and they probably either can't afford or dont want to bare the inventory costs now that they have another $4000 engine to keep in-stock.  I guess this means the Hudson I had shipped to me with broken frame post will never see a replacement (at least for the foreseeable future).  The other thing is that Hudson has been sold for a very long time and imagine the market is pretty saturated.  Take good care of your Hudson if you have to ship it!

Unfortunately most of the Hudsons were new york central. I want a Union Pacific but only 10 were made, seems odd to make a model but almost entirely one road name. I would like a FEF except I run 8ft dia and can only go up to 10ft dia at the most.

I have the same problem as Brian; 10ft max diameter, and while I feel that an FEF-3 locomotive would be able to manage 10ft curves with care, the tender cannot do it unless the rigid axles are significantly modified to allow for at least some level of articulation to enable the combined locomotive and tender to manage anything smaller than 16ft. Plus, I also don't have $4,000 to blow on a diecast locomotive I don't have the room to run, either, so that sort of solves the dilemma for me. Just need to make sure I keep my Hudson in good shape!

• 6 years later...

• 3 weeks later...