Great Trains Superliner stretch to 85'

rbrown7713

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, one more mold.  I forgot the mold for the  Amfleet truck frame on the left, the lower frame half is not finished claying up. I had to bore out the bearing holes to except the ball bearings,   and on the right are the results of the superliner truck parts. Bob.

IMG_1479.JPG

Thanks Nick.  I like my cloth ones better, but they only look good on the 40's Pullman cars, these, I think will look better for the Amfleet and the Superliners, and besides had to figure out what to do with all those coupler springs, LOL. Bob.

I forgot one thing, among others, a transition car to hook up the Amfleet cars to the Superliners. I will have to lower the diaphragm on one end of the transition car. Here is what it will look like, as on the HO car. Bob.

IMG_1484.JPG

Yes, the only reason that I use a stupid phone rather than a smart phone is that I only have to charge it every week instead of every night. I had a several smart phones and they would run out of battery power in the middle of a conversation because I would forget to charge them. Bob.

Thanks Jerry.  I am assembling one of the Superliner cars and am going to paint the Amfleet and the Superliner car at the same time.  I now have everything to build the 10 car train, and I am also going to kitbash one of the Aristocraft box cars to replicate the Amtrak boxcar, sort of. Don't know what to do about a baggage car, but I will figure out something.  What are you up to these days, haven't heard much from you, so you must be busy. Bob.

Been working on my train shed at the new place, we moved to Newton, KS to be near our son. Getting bids for someone to to lay the 600  blocks on my raised layout I have planned. I insulated and wired the train shed, even has a small AC I got at a sale. LOTS of shelves. hope to sell some stuff at the Wichita Train club meeting. Layout planned is like two islands connected by my bridges from the old layout in Nebraska. 14' metal bridge and a 7' covered bridge. Layout will be near the shed, so I hope to run a line out to it, we'll see. Here's a drawing.  I did bring my buildings and stuff, so will use them. Be a yard/passing siding/etc.  Nice quiet neighborhood, they are anxious to see the layout.

5b26c248a8943_LayoutDrawing.thumb.jpg.be952155cf586c76f878cf706283a3a6.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Looks good Bob. I sort of wanted one, but not willing to work as hard as you!  Keep up the good work. Jim Carter plans to mold a short one and make his own short ones, I hope to get 3 pieces from him to splice and make one long one, but who knows?