Great Trains Superliner stretch to 85'

rbrown7713

Here is the first part of the lounge roof mold, came out almost perfect and I am happy with it, should produce a good part.  Here, also, are some pictures of some wheels that I need, so if anyone has any wheelsets like these and want to sell them, please let me know.  The bearing flange is 3mm. and the length of the axles are the short ones, 2.5 inches.  36 inch scale wheels, 1.125 inches. Bob.

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing on that website that I saw that would work.  Those wheels that I showed you were from Gary Raymond and they were part of a shipment that were meant for bearings in the wheels, but all of the other measurements were OK, but he is out of any more, so I am talking with NWSL and I think that he has what I want, will talk to him Monday. Bob.

I think NWSL will make stuff for you when they run low. I got that impression when I ordered 100 axles for O scale. The posts I read about GR, leads me to think he doesn't stock big quantities and it takes him some time to get stuff in. Maybe it's just that some stuff is in more demand?

I think you are right.  The axles that I want, he is out of stock and  are only 5.95.  The axles that he is pushing is in  stock and  are 15.95.     I was on Alibaba and didn't find any that suited me, but usually they want you to buy 1000 units.  I will talk to NWSL tomorrow. Bob.

I am pleasantly surprised with the first pour of the lounge roof in BITY Mold water clear resin.  I expected, with the first one that there would be bubbles and there were none.  I was also careful, when mixing that I mixed slowly so that I didn't stir up any air intrusion and it worked.  I am going to try to polish the glass areas, but only after it cures for a few days more, still a little soft. Bob.

IMG_1438.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

I have started making parts, and where she stops, nobody knows.  Made a roof, one side, two ends, one truck and tomorrow another side. I will be putting together the patterns to see where everything goes. Bob.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:07 AM, rbrown7713 said:

still a little soft. Bob.

Bob they came out great ...   :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24): Do not listen to what other people say about you !   :Smiling_Face_with_Tightly_Closed_eyes_large(24x24):

Here is an example of adding too much black pigment to the mix.  The look that I am after is just a tint and this is totally black after only adding two drops of pigment, oh well I will try again to get the right tint. Bob.

IMG_1442.JPG

Finally after 4 tries, a good piece.  It would seem, at the age of 73, I would have learned by now to read the directions.  I called Mitch up at BITY Mold and he told me the correct way to pour this clear resin.  I didn't know how critical that the mixture of A and B was.  The mix ratios are either 1:1 by volume, or 96% to 100% by weight.  I was mixing 1:1 by weight, not good enough, as the parts came out soft.  This one I mixed 1:1 by volume and it came out good.  I also figured out how much pigment to add, as it now looks like a tinted window. Also, I had to set my molds out in the sun to heat them up before pouring, which I did.  Supposedly, the molds should be 120 degrees before pouring, don't know why, but I did it like he said, it worked.  Here is the piece. Bob.

IMG_1443.JPG

I am just trying to make it look as good as I can.  I can only take credit for making the molds for this truck, because the original was made by a French gentleman that has built some O gauge Superliners and was kind enough to remake them in 1:32.   You can see his work on the O gauge forum, Jean.  His user name is JPV69, fantastic work, true scale.   Thanks Joe.    Worked outside and poured some concrete for the layout, and boy am I sore. Bob.