2 SD70 MOSURRI ENGINES FOR TRADE

iceman

I have two mosurri  SD70 for sale, One in brand new the other engine is used but in good condition, the used engine does have issue with the snow plowes, I am new to G-Scale and my  ballast 

was higher than the clearance of my slow plows, and I had to replace and my gluing job is not the best, but both run excellent, they are matching but the couplers are different the new engine couplers I figure are usa trains, the used engine couplers are Aristo craft couplers, my layout is unforgiving and I figure they are just too big, I am looking for someone to trade across with matching engines but in a smaller size, that have 4 wheels to a truck instead of the 6 wheels to a truck. I would prefer if you were close to riverside ,ca 92503. Let me know, I am brand new to this site, please forgive me if I'm out of touch.

Richard T.

MTH trains are 1/32nd scale, still run on the same track. So the engines/cars are smaller. They do have a dash 8 diesel, some just came in the country, so could find one. I use Kadee gauge one couplers, which are also smaller.  They do make them for specific engines also, but you will have to get used to shimming them some, as different cars will be different heights. MTH ones you can screw the 820's right on and they are the right height. You should also get a Kadee gauge that shows the proper distance to have so all yur cars match, makes it easier!  Don't worry that cars are different sizes, look at a real train and you will see they vary a LOT in size. So you can use the cars you have now.

Hello Jerry, thanks for your reply, not sure about 1/32nd scale. I would like to keep it in 1/29 scale. All I'm looking for are engines that have 4 wheels to a truck or total of 8 wheels on the whole engine and that I can trade for a matching pair. I would like aristocraft  couplers or hookes. Thanks so much for your response.