New to sound

FURKASoCal

I am new to G scale and was wondering what options there are for sound using an analog layout. I have seen devices that can be put in a tender or boxcar, but are there options that can be installed inside the locomotive without too much difficulty? Specifically I am looking to bring sound to my LGB 23430. 

Hi, I'm not familiar with the LGB stuff but right off hand I'd say maybe go with LGB Sound?

Such as maybe LGB Sound but I'd do plenty of researching and reading the install instructions to see what accessories if any are needed to make it all work. 

• 8 months later...

HI, you could look into to phoenix sound you would have plenty of room . call phoenix sound and ask Jim or John. i have installed many of their systems and nobody has ever been disapointed. They are good guys at phoenix sound systems and are fairly priced, with excellent sounds and warranty , and they can handle all questions. good luck

• 2 months later...

I'm new too. Been researching sound decoders for a few weeks now and for my C-19 steamer I'm going with LokSound XL v4.0. its on the expensive side but I think the sound is very realistic and has a chuff trigger for pulsing smoke along with some other external triggers for different sounds. On my train the decoder is installed in the tender. I've read good reviews on the soundtraxx tsunami 2 sound decoder also but most reviewers like ESU LokSound best.