Charles Ro Interview @ 2018 ECLSTS

Chuck

Over on the USA G Scale Group on Facebook there's an interesting article about why USA Trains is slow in replenishing stock...or why it seems they're running low on certain items.

Here's the interview...

What is going on with the USA Trains Ultimate Series 

A One on One Chat with Charlie Ro Sr the Owner:

Everyone has noticed by now there doesn't seem to be alot being produced in the Ultimate Series, especially re-issues. So I sat down with Charlie and asked the hard question. What is happening with the Ultimate Series. He finally broke his silence.

Charlie stated he could no longer keep quiet in hopes that the G Scale people will continue to support USA Trains and understand the situation that has evolved.

About 4 years ago the factory in China that produced trains for USA Trains had told Charlie that they were no longer producing trains for them. (Name of the Factory Withheld) . All of the molds and tooling were bought and paid for by USA Trains. The factory told Charlie to pick up his molds and tooling. "HOWEVER" every time USA Trains shows up to pick up the molds and tooling it is never available for pick up. This is the "REAL" reason why the Aluminium corrugated passenger cars were delayed for production for so long. It took all that time to receive the molds and tooling to build and produce a complete piece.

USA Trains still struggles to this day trying to get back the molds and tooling so they can go back to producing the Ultimate Series once again but there is no time frame in sight when this might happen.

Should be noted that the Chinese factory that booted USA Trains and 50 some other model train makers including Aristo-Craft Trains was Kader Holdings who bought Sanda Kan years ago.

They do that to their customers/importers, and then shove their stuff at us. Eliminating any competition?

I guess it could be worse. They could have stolen the molds, and produced the products on their own. So they have some scruples???

I expected to see Aristo's products available by now under a new name. I'm left wondering if we are seeing them already, as so many new in box ones have just popped up in the market???

Interesting point you bring up about Aristo-Craft. I see on eBay Aristo knock-off pieces being listed thru a seller in Hong Kong. First it was stainless steel slide on rail joiners & screws, recently they now they have wheelsets. I'm ordering the wheels because I'm curious. If they keep at it who knows what they'll make next.

Its unfortunate they still do not have many of their molds and tooling. I suspect that is the main reason for discontinuing so many of there ultimate series.

As far as the aristocraft molds and tooling...we will not see that stuff again, but I would very much like to be wrong. Dash9s, mallets and 2bay coal hoppers would be great to see again.

Brian

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, Yardtrain said:

Perhaps manufacturing in the US would have been a better choice all along. 

Really? I have to say it. I think you are at the least, 20 years behind.

How long ago (do you believe) did our trains start being made overseas?

On 4/3/2018 at 10:15 PM, enginear joe said:

Really? I have to say it. I think you are at the least, 20 years behind.

How long ago (do you believe) did our trains start being made overseas?

I know that. Your missing my point.