PRR K4 1361 To Be Restored!

Great news about PEE K4 1361 as it's to be restored/ finished. The restoration of that locomotive has been an ongoing mess for over 20 years now with millions of tax $$$ being poorly spent. 1361 is siting at Altoona in pieces. Heavy hitters in the steam locomotive world Bennett Levin, Wick Moorman (ex CEO NS and the guy who was behind getting NW 611 restored) and AFT/ High Iron Co. owner Ross Rowland are all behind bringing back 1361 :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

Here's the Trains article... http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2018/05/10-new-effort-will-focus-on-restoration-of-famed-pennsylvania-railroad-k4s-no-1361

• 2 months later...

That is great news Chuck, as although the K4 doesn't compare with the giants of steam's Finest hours as Morgan would say, it was an iconic engine in its own days. Who could tell me where I can join in to help Mr. Levin? This to a Pennsy fan is tremendous news. Best to all.

• 2 years later...

Hints floating around that PRR K4 1361 may be steaming in 2021. The Levin/ Morgan camp is being very tight lipped about what's happening and I don't blame them one bit. 

I hope they do get it steaming as that is one engine I would go see...and possibly ride behind! Pennsy steam just seams to look right...:Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):