small paint sprayer

I found this at Home Depot. Have a very large project that I'd like to add rust. Going to use latex thinned down hoping it will gather in corners and run down the sides to look real. Has anyone used this product, and if so what do you think?? Thank You

DSCN0574.JPG

DSCN0575.JPG

I've used those a lot and really like them. COmes out strong, so practice a little. I've painted cars and engines with some True Color and they came out great. Then put a little thinner in them and spray to clean them out. Last a long time.

thank you Jerry.  I realized I need to first paint a few details, then the rust.  BTW, I have never been good at weathering, usually a disaster so just don't do it.  This one needs to be done as it just can't look good for very long after put into service.  LiG

Preval has been around a long time. Years ago I used a similar sprayer from Badger. Canned air gets expensive if you do any amount of spaying. I was spraying model airplanes.

I finally bought an inexpensive air compressor and air brush for less than $100. I am sure glad I did. You can do nice painting and weathering with an air brush.

Tom

Tom, my air brush was a gift and a compressor came with it so I am not familiar with 'canned air.  I'm working up the nerve to start adding rust today.  BTW, cute pups, I have a large soft spot for dogs.    LiG

Screwy Nick

Canned air was in reference to the can of air you have to buy to make the Preval sprayer work.

I think that there are some inexpensive electric paint sprayers out there that would be suitable for latex paint (house paint?) for larger projects.

It would be reusable for many projects without added expense of buying cans of air.

In all fairness, some people do not want to mess around with even a small air compressor.

Tom