Sign in to follow this  
Chuck

New Bridgewerks Power Supply

I see Bridgewerks has a new power supply listed on their website named "Morrison".

I do like the black case and lights on this thing :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

ColoredMorrison.thumb.jpg.1a0201bdb760ab77c75750d2ab994447.jpg

On my workbench I use the older predecessor model to the Morrison...The Magnum 60T.

I call it my Baby Bridgewerks as it's also rated 3 amps which is fine for bench testing various projects without getting into trouble.

Now if they'd just bring back an updated version of the MAG25TDR or PowerMag in a black case :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24):

IMAG0001.thumb.JPG.87e01ca46e2f8ac0d60871197cf2cc6c.JPG

Hi Chuck

Ray has eliminated my USA Power 10 transformers for my new 10 foot test track and  or  my rollers. 

I have  PS2 and PS3 engines and want the ability to test with a complete DCS system (TIU and REMOTE).

Do you run DCS with PS2 and PS3 engines for testing?

If so do you think the new "Morrison" will work as well as your Magnum 60T. 

Thanks for any information.

Larry W. Peterson

Erwin, TN

Ray

I'm certainly interested in any info you might say . I'm hunting a bridgwerks product for my test bench and Chucks post came up with perfect timing on the subject.:Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

Larry

On 9/21/2018 at 5:51 PM, Larry Sr. said:

Hi Chuck

Ray has eliminated my USA Power 10 transformers for my new 10 foot test track and  or  my rollers. 

I have  PS2 and PS3 engines and want the ability to test with a complete DCS system (TIU and REMOTE).

Do you run DCS with PS2 and PS3 engines for testing?

If so do you think the new "Morrison" will work as well as your Magnum 60T. 

Thanks for any information.

Larry W. Peterson

Erwin, TN

Larry, 

Yes as I've been running MTH DCS since the day it was released in o gauge. In fact MTH released engines with PS2 electronics before the DCS sets were available. My first 2 PS2 engines were a Premier NYC Dreyfuss and a UP FEF from the early 2000's.

Boy 3 amps ain't much power for running the one-gauge stuff. Maybe run 1 engine without smoke. Think you'd better off with a 10 amp Bridgewerks like Magnum SR.

Hi Chuck

Thanks for the information.

I have the Magnum 220 SR for my layout. I was wanting a separate one for just my test bench .

I had been using the USA 10amp but it is now not recommended for DCS / TIU  use. So that's why I was hunting a less expense less amps  Bridgwerks.

The Morrision you have pictured  has  a  msrp of $275.00. That is not bad if:

it's compatible and

3amps is enough power for testing my DCS big One gauge steam engines and diesels.

Or just go5 or 10 amps.

Larry

image.thumb.jpeg.7a0a8a84c63eece9b91b70dd419cbfd1.jpeg

Larry, 

I use the 3 amp version all the time bench testing and loading soundfiles into PS3 engines as very rarely need more power than that unless I'm checking the stall current on motors. For that I have a 10 amp Astron DC power supply that I also use on the work bench.