MTH 2019/2020 One Gauge Catalog

Rayman4449

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not certain if it does or not.  I have to note that any time MTH reaches out to me asking for feedback on future production it is something held in confidence and not something I can release.  Anything that I know that I can share publicly is something I always do when I can.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict the new catalog will have the SD70ACe and a updated Hudson with all metal drivers and smoking whistle. I hope MTH also shows some F7 ABA units decorated for the Union Pacific but that maybe a bit of a stretch as Mike Wolf stated last Fall that he was planning only 1 diesel and 1 steam engine per year.

VO1000's would be nice too!! 

Thanks to heads-up from Chuck, the new SD70ACe is confirmed for G scale/One Gauge and two product numbers have been revealed so far:

• 70-2133-1 George H.W. Bush SD70ACe Diesel Engine w/Proto-Sound 3.0 - Cab No. 4141
  • 70-2134-1 Union Pacific SD70ACe Diesel Engine w/Proto-Sound 3.0 - Cab No. 9096 

I'm now taking preorders.  $644.95  (Of course through me that includes tear down inspection/testing/modifications and in-house Warranty repair)

There will for sure be additional road names that will be produced and announced with the catalog so stay tuned!

Great as I'll be ordering the 70-2133-1 U.P. George H.W. Bush SD70ACe 4141 for sure! :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24)::Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24): 

This is the MTH O Gauge Premier version.

REMINDER:  Each MTH One Gauge diesel engine ships with floating pilots (as shown below to take very tight curves) and also Fixed pilots (that bolt direct to the frame for a more prototypical look).

20-20427-1b.thumb.jpg.2356e4fe97fab28d9668e20136e35ceb.jpg

Here is what they UP model will look like: (except will be cab number #9096)

REMINDER:  Each MTH One Gauge diesel engine ships with floating pilots (as shown below to take very tight curves) and also Fixed pilots (that bolt direct to the frame for a more prototypical look).

231506265_70-2134-1(1).thumb.jpg.d5a476719e2d98cd07077164d2404c4b.jpg

Example of how engine would look with Fixed pilots:  (Stock photo of HO scale model)

70-2133-1.thumb.jpg.a3ba2b7aafa220c99c9c49bd259e3033.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sure thing.  I generally tell people to be prepared for any newly announced engine to take up to 2 years from official catalog announcement till actual delivery (especially brand new never before made model).  That said, it is important to get pre-orders in early as possible to 1) help MTH gauge proper demand and adjust production numbers accordingly and 2) to make sure you don't miss out in the case they sell out in pre-order phase before they actually ship (as is happened with the last MTH Big Boy production of 4014 and 4012 engines).  For anyone that decides they want one, DON'T WAIT.

I look forward to seeing this model and think this engine will be a good addition to the product set.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Encouraging to see. Since MTH and USA are the only ones make more modern cars/locos I would hope it would help MTH to sell more. About the only engine I would buy anymore would be 844 and I doubt that is going to happen.

MTH has made two new announcements:

• Baggage car will be produced in One Gauge (Roadnames and Product numbers to be determined)
  • GS-4 - Daylight w/Christmas lights (70-3042-1)

As a note/reminder, 2019 One Gauge catalog still hasn't been released.

I now have the GS-4 listed here for those wanting to place pre-order:   http://www.rayman4449.com/MTH/MTH_OneGauge.htm