Milwaukee Skytop Lounge bash

Jerry B44

Chuck and I talked about this some. Stumbled on Jason Hatala and he agreed to try a 3-D print to fit a Great Trains observation car. He worked real hard to get it but it came out well. My measurements on my drawing could have been better, but it will work out okay for me.  Can use flat glass, has recesses on the inside, guess I don't have a pix of that, but sort of like the outside as you see it here. Probably fit on a MTH car, he'd have to enlarge it for other scales I think. Anyway, spliced two GT cars together, trimmed off the back some and underneath. Is not smooth, but will match my other UP cars. Using MTH passenger trucks I got from Ray awhile back. Will do it in UP colors, since they were for awhile. LONG ways to go here, but many winter months left.

0-2.thumb.jpg.1d508984027056a07755d882f9ebcdf4.jpgpicture-1.thumb.jpg.aea2d3da88125ca881872f6c5c1f5634.jpglayouts.jpg.dc8c17f60badf61b38e3962e42f4f97e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Made a little more progress. Frankly this is not turning out real well. Old car I used was warped some, thought I had fixed it, but may have a problem still. Will look fine from 10' on my deck I'm sure! :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24): Anyone have a Union Pacific observation car with no trucks, sort of worn for a low price? Might work better for me.

Jerry, don't feel bad, if you check this forum, back to page 3 you will see I started a Rotary Snow blower using a box car.  After quite a bit into it realized it wasn't the look I wanted.  I started all over with a Caboose and am now very happy with the creation.  You among others helped me by sharing experiences.  Don't settle or every time you look at it you will not be happy. 

DSCN0871.JPG

DSCN0874.JPG

I use Tru Color paint, used a undercoat of a spray can first. Need one that has Acetone in it. Sanding the roof better to get rid of the 3-D lines, did not look too bad with the gray primer, but showed up more with the yellow. Splicing the roof pieces also, so making some small steps.

IMG_0498.JPG.198991d5f9b0cac74f1be5600e9a049a.JPGIMG_0499.JPG.4f94f1ac5623860ed639fc1978a254df.JPG

I do a little off and on to this. Probably get going on cutting windows. Need to touch up the yellow some where I sanded it a bit more. Gray went on okay. Using Tru-Color, seems to match MTH's UP yellow pretty good I found. Not sure I mentioned, but getting a second print was not too pricey, once I paid for the computer work, he worked pretty hard on it.

Two Coaches Edit.JPG

TwoCoachWindows.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...