dble crossover

dinoangelo

hello, any body out there know the degree x-over needed between 4 # 6 switches I am in process of buying switches . I believe I have seen 19.5 degree 22.5 degree and 30 degree x-overs of course not all are easy to come by see a few 30's  no 22.5's and one 19.5 on ebay thanks for any and all help and have a very merry christmas

19.5 degree is what I think you are going to want to use.  This is the closest I have come to doing what you are talking about with a #6 switch leading into a 19.5 degree crossover.   At least this gives some visual representation of the angles.

Track_Expansion_04022006_1024_0004.JPG

that's a neat approach , is that a modified 20 ' curve between mainline #6's ,and is that a wye or another #6 ( top right back of photo) really need to watch more of your youtube on layout don't think I caught this thanks again

It's been so long it's hard to remember but I believe I used a straight piece that was custom bent just a bit.  

That is another #6 at the top right of the photo.  My goal in that entire area was to make all curves and bends through the turnouts as gradual as possible because I planned to run very long trains through them.