LGB Uintah: Massoth #8415001 Pulsed Smoke Unit Installation - Neat!

LGB333

For those of you that haven't seen a pulsed smoke unit working in a DCC equipped locomotive, thought I'd share this information. I’m in the process of installing a DCC Massoth eMotion XLS Sound Decoder and, for the first time, a Massoth #8415001 Pulsed Smoke Round Boiler-style Unit, into an LGB Uintah that I'm working on for a customer. Some sections of the Massoth German to English translations in the Installation Manuals are not that clear or specific so I was very frustrated getting the smoke unit wired to work properly. I thought I had a defective smoke unit until I contacted my Massoth dealer in Germany who gave me clear directions, and now it works like a champ! I had to build from scratch a platform to fasten the smoke unit to due to the large cavity inside the Uintah's smoke box, and then covered the platform with metal duct tape to protect the glue joints from smoke fluid........see photos. I'll also try to attach a video of the Massoth sound decoder and pulsed smoke unit operating on my roller wheels test stand.......if I can’t attach the video to this posting, you can watch it on my Website.

New Picture (118).png

New Picture (108).png