powder supply?

ol coot

New on forum, I'm 78 and need to get a into the hobby again.

I have had a layout in the past, old school analog G. Now I still

have some old Aristo craft trains and freight cars  and such.

Looking to get into the hobby again. I have a Aristo craft 5054 powder

supply that I used. Am thinking of going to DCC.  And want to know if 

the powder supply will be large enough for a 2 train with sound/lights,

I will only have @ 105 feet of track with a couple switches.

Freight service only at this time.

Hi and welcome.  I did some searching and can't find any detail on the specs of that power supply so I'm not sure.  Not sure if you can provide a photo but are you able to share voltage output, amps, volt-amps?  

I would say at this point not knowing anything else you could always try it and see what happens.  The worse that could happen is the power supply wouldn't have enough power and the engines wouldn't run or have much pulling power.  If they wont move very fast or stall out in curves or under a load then you would have the answer to your question.  But really would be best to try and provide the specs printed on the power supply so we can tell you directly.

Thanks for the come back, It is a 16 volt  56va  powder supply.  Model  # art 5450.

with a graft that reads up to 4 amps.Sorry I ain't smart enough to do pictures and

don't have a smart phone. Heck I ain't hardly smart enough to work this confuser either.

As a relatively inexpensive throttle, I had been recommending people look at the USA Trains Power 10 power supply but I have had 4 calls in the last month with customers that have malfunctioning power supplies. (Engine sitting on the track with engine lights pulsing on and off)   One was brand new (bought a few weeks ago).  Outside of that I dont have others to recommend.  Bridgewerks Magnum SR10amp or SR15 amp is the power supply I normally recommend people get but those are more expensive.