McKeen car metal kit.

I got this from Roberts Lines, he made the Pioneer Zephyr I have and many stamdard gauge cars over the years, including a Challenger kit. I have one of his streetcars and knew he made the McKeen car a few years back so decided to get on to work on someday. It is all metal, as all Bob's cars/locos are. He has some big equipment in his shop to punch out things from metal and so on. Anyway you get the basic shell with pilot and the brass window frames. The rest is up to you. I did one of these years ago in plastic, but smaller for my first layout. I also bought a new Aristo FA unit for the trucks, he's selling the few he has for $100. Has some PA models also he'd like to sell, not sure of the price. PM me and I'll send you his email. Bob does not do Paypal, checks are fine. I know it won't be too prototypical but will be fine with me. He also has trailers for these, may get one someday.  Had a bad interior shot I should re-do sometime. Has some simple seats welded in. IMG_0791.JPG.9aa71dd37443db11ea53b3dd49ebf7c2.JPGIMG_0793.JPG.ec8606069852a06b80b4336d9ce538a8.JPGMcKeenSide.jpg.e4b3db88acd5a1d148aab57f66ddfbf6.jpg

Sean, I also have some LGB which I think are 1:24.  I should have asked if it ran own G gauge track.  ALSO, yesterday afternoon I spoke with Bob of Robert's Lines,  he said the McKeen is the same as Aristocraft which In most cases was 1:29.    I may have another project after I finish the Harbor Tug, so in a way back on track.     

Wish all a Happy Memorial Day Weekend, while keeping in mind the meaning of the day.     Life is Good

Chuck. I contacted Bob about the 'history' you found online. He said that guy never contacted him and is quite inaccurate. Here is his statement:

Jerry:
Someone, without contacting me to obtain the true story from me, decided to take it upon themselves to be the authority on Roberts' Lines. I have seen this, and truly wish I knew the person who wrote it. The guy does not have his facts straight, and has no right to take credit for his little article. At the very least he could have included his NAME so people could question him. It really pisses me off!

This has been on the internet for a couple of years now. And who is he to say Roberts' Lines is no l No wonder people have stopped contacting me for orders!

Bob

Wow...Yeah I'm not surprised about the TCA not getting their story straight. I've noticed dependencies before with the online "history". That's one of the reasons I never joined the TCA.

Great Jerry, I always wondered what this Robert lines business was He used to make some intersesting trucks cast in aluminum I think. I also know of a friend who has some of his cast aluminum heavyweight coaches in or near 1/32 scale but very heavy and the rivets are huge... But nice for tinplate fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Did research on this very unusual car.  Found what seems to be a factual history of the car.

Just a couple of unusual items:   All engines were equipped to be run in either direction: there was no reverse gear.  To run in reverse the engine had to be stopped, the cam shaft shifted by the motorman to the reverse cam set and the engine restarted in reverse.  it was started by compressed air.  

Only the front truck was powered and the wheels on the power truck were even of different diameters, truly unique in many ways, and very interesting.    LiG

I received photos (snail mail) of some of Bob's creations.  He still has some E1-A shells in cast aluminum and hanging on nails are some truck side frames I think for the same loco.   His computer is presently not working so Email is of no use right now.  When he gets back on line, if anyone is interested I post that.  LiG