RC antenna extension

I am building a plastic harbor tug with RC.  Pic shows the receiver.  Even though the model is plastic I would like to extend the antenna to above the deck and away from the motor and batteries.  Keeping the receiver below deck, what would I use to extend it?   it appears to be a short piece of plastic.      Thank You.        LiG.        Nick jr

DSCN1035.JPG

Hi Nick, if it is antenna then it should be metal wire inside insulation vs being plastic.  If you are wanting to run extended antenna I would simply use whatever insulated wire you have that meets the requirements of your install and solder to the end of the existing antenna wire and see if it gains you the needed wireless performance range. 

Ray, I appreciate your input. I'll attempt to strip the insulation. Also going to try something. Set up the house phone near boat, connect a servo to a spare port, with a buzzer. Call it from cell and start walking away to see the range. Would hate to sit on the shore, with a fishing pole as I was advised, and watch it just sail away. LiG