1930-40 city water tower

The base is a yard ornament from a garage sale, the tank are tubing, top and bottom from plastruct plastics and is 3 1/4" diameter, tank lines were done with small evergreen strip, top Led is 3mm red flashing LED and the solar panels came from Wal-Mart $.98 pathway lights. The cat walk is from 1/4" PVC sheet pvc board from home depot and was able to cut out a circle of 6' with a 3'1/4" hole in it for my catwalk. Placed scrubby lace type material on it and secured with glue, this gives it the look of skid resistant surface something like expanded steel, drilled and taped 4/40 holes around the perimeter for my stanchion that I made out of hollow brass tubing that I threaded on one end to the 4/40 thread and the other got 1/16" cotter pins soldered in to the tubing. After installing the pins, all 17 of them, I ran a 1/16" piece of brass rod threw the eyes of the cotter pins and soldered it in place. Spent quite a while designing and building the ladder for the tower using 1/16" brass rod all soldered together 1 step at a time. Little difficult as I was taking a med for a lung infection and it makes me shake more that normal, but after I got the rhythm right it wasn't too bad. Bounce 3 times, solder bounce 4 times solder, etc. The base was painted with cold galvanize spray paint and the tank and ladder were painted with Krylon brushed nickel. Being that is solar powered it turns it's self on in the evening and off during the day and with playing around with different resistors was able to have it work with some surrounding lights on. Fun  build and different, I have only seen 1 other this style water tank in G scale and It was all medal.     27784768_CWTwithMIKEMOWS.thumb.JPG.8ca97689d5378cacdb3a2030b666e829.JPG

CWT 2.JPG

CWT 3.JPG

CWT catwalk base.JPG

CWT making the stanchions.JPG

CWT floor and railing.JPG

CWT putting on plates.JPG

CWT plates.JPG

CWT ladder stage 2.JPG

CWT national gardens.JPG