2-6-2 prairie Bachmann big hauler + LGB mogul

Choochoowilly

Just now getting around to making it hole again and finishing details I left off years ago. Built in 1995 hence the engine # 501. Lettering has disappeared and sound system has failed but all in all engine is still in good shape, I shortened the smoke box by 1 set of rivets and shortened the boiler up to the last boiler band and added piping and an extra air compressor. Moved the steam generator to the center, again as before I used cotter pins with pop rivets bases to make railing stanchions. Use to drive by an old Prairie up in Leesburg, Fl. when I covered that area, took pictures and did research on the engine. Unusual to see electrical wires run through the boiler grab rails but that was the way it was built, Shortened the tender by about an inch, trying to keep the engine /tender as short as possible. Mounted the boiler on a LGB Mogul motor block and added trailing truck from a LGB 2080. New smoke stack is 1/8" brass pipe that is threaded into to smoke box and I use it like a handle to pick the engine up. Rope is copper wire strands twisted. If you notice the air tank on the back of the tender it is a cigar tube that my dad had. The fireman is screwed to the draw bar between the engine and tender and when the train is moving, he moves all around. Originally had a flat plate under him which is now open and can't find the part so made a new one. Finally cleaned the tender back up, adding new lettering and paint using a Cameo silhouette for lettering.

2-6-2 prairie LH side w-tenter.JPG

2-6-2 boiler detail RH.JPG

2-6-2 dancing fireman floor installed.JPG

2-6-2 dancing fireman.JPG

2-6-2 left top.JPG

2-6-2 LH boiler detail.JPG

2-6-2 RH top to rear.JPG

2-6-2 steam dome detail RH.JPG

2-6-2 tender coal load.JPG

2-6-2 tender redo.JPG

2-6-2 tender rear LH.JPG