Rosy a kit bashed 0-4-0 saddle tanker

Always thought saddle tank engines were neat and with that in mind I uncovered an old Lionel 0-6-0 with outside drive gears that I had kit bashed several years ago. It wasn't a tank engine but it had a neat cab and unusual stack which was a little bent due to a smoke unit over heating. I had build a small tender to go with it to improve electrical pick up as the were no rail sliders . The drive system was so poor that I had to undo 1 of the driver wheels from the drive rod to get it to run as the gears were constantly getting out of sink. So I ditched the Lionel drive and substituted an LGB 0-4-0 engine # 2015, I reused the smoke box front the Lionel, making the body out of PVC tubing, added part of a Aristo-craft 2-4-2 Rogers tank buy cutting off 1 section of rivets and placing it on a piece of flat styrene that I sawed a slit in the piece of PVC tubing and inserted left to right into the slit leaving enough over hang or some side running boards. I cut the 2015 down on both sides and left the motor block housing. The Lionel cab had 2 tanks on it 1 left and 1 right on it's front and cut them off, made doors out of styrene and arched them like the windows before were done and cemented them in a open mode. The left side of the engine I suspended from the running board a scratch built ( out of styrene tube ) air tank adding piping with brass wire, on the right side I added some leftover cooling tubes from a Aristo-craft switcher. Put an air pump, I believe from an LGB engine, attaching it to the left side front of the tank also piping it with brass wire. Not quite sure where I got the sand dome but it fit the old time looking bill. After researching old saddle tank engines I discovered some of them had the steam dome inside the cab area hence I was able to shorten the engine by quite a bit. I reused the hand rail stations and added new brass wire, scratch built the front cow catcher and giving it a working engine look. The generator came off a big hauler along with the whistle which I had added wire to making stiffer. Had to make new covers for my cylinders as  I was missing one of them from the 2015 but his gave the engine again and older look. The tender is just a styrene shell that I riveted using small brad nails, yes each one has it's own hole, sometimes I wonder where my mind goes when I'm not in charge. It is sitting on a passenger car truck for length and both wheels have power pick ups which are tied to the engine current. Color, well it was the color of the original cab and I liked it, sort of a rosy maroon, hence  the name "Rosy". As most know I usually weather everything but for now just letting this one sit for a while looking pretty.

Rosy RS profile.JPG

Rosy right side front.JPG

Rosy RS top.JPG

Rosy center top.JPG

Rosy rear tender shot.JPG

• 2 weeks later...