MTH 2019/2020 One Gauge Catalog

Rayman4449

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Download Catalog in PDF here ->  2019/2020 Catalog

View online via MTH website (and also can download PDF there as well):  https://www.mthtrains.com/sites/default/files/catalog_files/2019_rk1_v_1/index.html 

Highlights from the new 2019/2020 Catalog:

• SD70ACe - Various roadnames *New tooling, never produced by MTH before in One gauge*
  • Challenger (4-6-6-4) - Various roadnames *New tooling w/Die case metal frames, all metal wheels, PS3 and smoking whistle.  This engine is a re-issue but first time with new tooling/features as noted.*
  • PA units - Various roadnames - *This is a re-issue.  These engines were produced in previous catalog but has been a number of years since we have seen this engine*
  • Passenger cars - *Baggage car is New Tooling and never before produced* - *New production cars will have all LED lighting*
  • GS-4s - All engines are now in-stock (This is a re-issue but engines now have PS3 and smoking whistle)

I am a bit disapointed. After all these years of redecorations or rissues what do we have: A new ultra modern diesel which should make contemporary fans happy and a new baggage car. All  else is re issue. What we need in gauge one desperatly are godolas, tank cars, stock cars, reefers with refer type doors, heavyweight passenger cars and  we shall have to wait how many more years for these staples? Big disapointment.

I disagree with being disappointed, as someone who collects 1:29, USA trains that has been the dissapointment. Look what they have made in the last 5+ years. Rerun of 70 ton hoppers, only 2 new paint schemes.  Modern passenger car rerun, no new paint scheme and limited road names and that's it. 

To top it off no indication that they will rerun any old stock that has been gone for years and in some cases flat out said they will not remake. Only new trains are the FEF (4 paint schemes) and heavyweights (6 paint schemes, 4 are just green anyways) that have been on constant delay for at least 2 years. At least mth is trying, I agree they lack freight choices but hopefully that will change with some inflow of cash. With some modern diesels added to the mix some modern freight would be a logical next step. I find myself really considering a challenger with modern passenger car set. Just my 2 cents

-Brian

I was pleasantly surprised to not only see the new tooling for a new diesel (SD70ACe) but also at the same time, new tooling to completely remake the Challenger with full die-cast metal frames and drivers.  (And that doesn't cover the Baggage car.)   It's a positive sign that past sales warrant the risk and further investment/upgrade of the product line.  I honestly never expected MTH to make the investment to upgrade the Challenger drive-train and shows they have an intent to make it right. 

I've already ordered a 3985 (black) and 3977 (Grey/Yellow) for myself (in addition to a UP Yellow SD70ACe) :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

Already told Raymond to add the 3977 Challenger and 1067 Reading SD70 to my Bush 4141 order. The Challenger was a real welcomed surprise, passed up purchasing first version due to many bad design issues.

.................Jim

On 6/26/2019 at 6:14 PM, Jerry B44 said:

Wow Chuck, you should keep them in business!

Jerry, Yes! I want MTH to continue investing in new tooling...only way they'll do that is with strong sales. :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

On 6/27/2019 at 10:04 AM, Jim Miller said:

Already told Raymond to add the 3977 Challenger and 1067 Reading SD70 to my Bush 4141 order. The Challenger was a real welcomed surprise, passed up purchasing first version due to many bad design issues.

.................Jim

Jim, Same here with 3977 and I'll add the 3985 as both look like they'll have the oil tender! :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24):

For SD70's I'm ordering all 3 UP..that is 4141, 9096 & Spirit of the UP. I also ordered that EMD/ demonstrator in Cat paint as I spent years operating Caterpillar heavy equipment. To go along with the Spirit engine I'll buy all the boxcars and matching caboose!

Hi Chuck how are you sir I’m a fan of G scale and I just saw the videos you have posted yesterday afternoon on YouTube your a well talented person you have allot of potential on what you have done with those engines and upgrading the power on them to climb up the 2% grades good job you have mention that you are working close with MTH to get this production out would like to get further information on your current and future projects please let me know my name is Marco but people call me Tony.

Hi Tony, Thanks for the compliments as I have done a lot of work converting various engines to DCS :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

Far as climbing 2% grades and working close with MTH on products, I think you may have me confused with Raymond...but that's okay as he's like a brother to me! :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24)::Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24):   

Demo of the new GS-4 w/smoking whistle.  

Engine has upgraded Smoke/Speaker/Sound set(H)  (Ver 2 - 072719)

Upgraded Smoke & Speaker (orig sounds):

For comparison, completely stock engine:

• 4 weeks later...

Raymond I didn't see these on your website for Pre-order. Are you taking orders for them and do you think they will actually arrive before Christmas ?

MTH 70- 76059 Flat car w/Lighted Christmas Trees

MTH 70- 76059  Flat car w/Lighted Christmas Trees

Manufacture: MTH Trains

Category: Christmas / Flat Car

Number: 70-76059

Scale: G

MTH 70- 76060  Flat car w/Lighted Snowmen

Manufacture: MTH Trains

Category: Christmas / Flat Car

Number: 70-76060

Scale: G

On the Daylight baggage cars, there are two planned:

- 70-66033:  "SOUTHERN PACIFIC" lettering on side (Smooth sides)

- 70-66034: "SOUTHERN PACIFIC LINES" lettering on side (Ribbed sides)

Do note that these will have new colors that MTH has introduced with the new 2017 catalog engines and cars.

Official delivery date shows DEC 2019.