MTH DCS Remote

Yardtrain

Raymond,

Do you know what is the difference between the 50-1002 original remote and the newest ver. 50-1038 ? Manufactures generally don't change part numbers without a reason.  Should I upgrade while they are available?

Based on what I originally understood the only change was the internal design of the thumb-wheel as previous version had part that was discontinued.  However I have now heard that there were also other design changes in the electronics (likely to accommodate alternate chips that had been discontinued from the previous design).   

The change in the overall product number is to know what version of parts a customer remote would have if they have a problem and need parts.  Other than that, there is no reason to get a new one unless you want an extra/backup.  I was told however this will be the last production run of DCS remotes.

Ok.  So no signal improvements or such.  Even though I do like the phone app  I can’t see myself totally abandoning the remote. With the remote you can control things like speed with out having to look at it.  Besides it’s hard to see a phone display in the sun. 

No changes in wireless range from remote to TIU (which is the only signal related impact there could be with the remote).

I'm with you I like both the app and the remote and like the remote for the same reasons.

• 3 weeks later...